Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated

Special Privilege to a group to view "only-me" fields.

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • James
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I'm currently using EasySocial and happy with it.

I'm building another website for models where i want to give special privilege to a group (agencies) where they can see the complete profile irrespective of what the user has set his/her privacy.

If yes, have another feature where the group (agencies) are restricted to view x number of profiles.

is this possible?

9 years 4 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi James,

That isn't something you can do as a default install but i think it may be worth looking at readybytes add on it may do it. Have a look here www.readybytes.net/jomsocial-profile-type.html

In Jomsocial when you set up custom profiles you can make the fields administrator only but that is more for site admins not the front end registered user

I wonder if you would mind replying and letting me know what was the deciding factor in choosing Easysocial. It's a great component as well and i'd love to know what features made you choose it?

Have a great day

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • James
  • Visitor
Licenses:

That's a membership website and i doubt its a completely different from what i'm looking for :(

Can you have this feature custom made? If yes, what would be the charge? I can't take up this project without having this feature and have to decline and tell my client that its not possible.

I chose EasySocial mostly after reading the reviews although its a product which is still at infancy. Their support is superbly fast although it ends up mostly "unfortunately, there's no such feature"!

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • James
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I want something like this as shown in the screenshot where a user group is given a special permission.

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • James
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Would be nice to hear from your team if this is something possible or not!

9 years 4 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi James,

That is the entire core of Jomsocial privacy and would be an enormous amount of work. The changes would be required in so many files that managing version control on minified scripts would be a complex thing to keep up with. That is not something we would be able to assist with and i would recomend talking in detail with a developer if this would be a key part of your site

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński