Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

2 video related problems

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

1) When I upload a video to my site, the file is converted correctly, but it is not added to the stream. It can be found under videos. When I add an YouTube-Video by its URL, the video turns up in the stream as expected.

2) When I upload a video, there is a bug in the link in the notification-mail, when the video has been converted.
The link contains one "/" (1 slash) to munch just after the domain-name, eg.: http://my.domain//index.php/mycommunity/user/video/filename.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi Hans
I need to check the issue on your site, please give me site access using below process:
1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field: prntscr.com/fk3hdg
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP: prntscr.com/fk3hwz
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans Uwe
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Pankaj.
I have now provided the needed credentials as described in your answer above.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
we checked the issue on your site,
kindly apply the fix below

/components/com_community/libraries/videos.php
the FTP only have read permission so unable to add changes on your site.

let me know if still, you have this problem.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans Uwe
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi again.
Thank's for you fix, which I have installed.
As far as I can see, this fix only solves the problem with the url in the notification message about the new video.

But still I think there is a problem that the uploaded video is not shown on the stream, but only on the page JS Videos.

To show it on the stream you have to mark the video as a feautured video. But then the video is shown on the stream with the header "A featured video" and not as a "Shared video".

Furthermore you cannot add comments to the video on the stream. The comment -funciton for the video is only on the JS Videos page.
Please have a look at the attached screen-dump.

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
We are checking this issue. I will update you here soon.

Kindly check now we try to upload the video on your site and the stream is showing.
for video upload, the stream will be showing after cron job because the system needs to convert the video into mp4 web format.
And for "featured" stream items, you are not able to put the comment on it this is by design and there is no option to change it.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński