Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

can't see group photos that Ive uploaded, on my profile.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • rajeev
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

pretty sure I had this working, but now they're not showing.
Here is our situation.
We have an art gallery with over 200 artists.
We have a public group named artists.
In that group, we have about 20 photo albums, for different categories.
Users come to the site and go to the group and add their photos to the correct album.

The problem is, how do other users, if they view the picture, see other pictures from the current pictures artist.
Pretty sure, I had it showing, when I clicked the uploaders' name in the top right when in slideshow mode, it opened the profile and all his images were there. But for some reason, they're not there now.
I must have turned something off, but can't find what.

I could of course duplicate the 20+ albums in each new users photo area, but I think that is overkill.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Kindly check the Access level for the user, If using the Access level of photos to self, only he can see the photos.
You can reset the access level from Jomsocial > configurations > Privacy > prntscr.com/i0imu7
Please note It will reset the privacy for all users.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • rajeev
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Perhaps I didn't explain the problem well enough.
This site is for an art gallery.
They have thousands of members in their list waiting to create accounts and upload images to the site of the artwork that they have created.
What I have done is to create a single group and tried to auto add the users to that group (which does NOT work well, using multiprofiles because when there is only one profile created, they should not be required to SELECT it when creating an account as there is ONLY one).
In that group, I have created all the albums for each of the categories that they can upload their images into.
I've done it this way so that I can create a public menu item so that the gallery can be shown to everyone.
If I were to create the same album structure for all users, it would be a nightmare.
The problem now is this.....

Users have uploaded all their images into the public group albums (various for each user) and now, when a visitor wants to see more images from this particular author alone, there is no way to do so.

What I need is a plugin or something that will show from the profile page of the user, all the albums the user has uploaded into and the photos..... FROM the users profile page.
From what I can tell, this isn't possible.
Please advise what needs to be developed to do this. what needs to be modified.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Group photos belong to groups only as it has its own access level and shows in the group's album where it is uploaded.
I checked your request with the development team as well if it is easy to add such option.
Sorry, it takes full development to modify the groups and profile and component, this is something that is out of our support scope.
We also do not have any plugin that supports such features.
I suggested this feature to the development team to see if there is the possibility to add to the future roadmap.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • rajeev
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

never mind. I wrote a plugin to do this. it shows on my user profile page as a new tab named My Gallery.
it took all of 30 minutes to write.
Sounds like your dev team need a kick in the pants for being lazy :)

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
You understand creating a new plugin for user request cannot be instantly done as the team is working on the tasks already on the roadmap. This is why I suggested the feedback to the team for considering the feature for future roadmap.
Glad to hear you a found a different way to complete this customisation request If you wish you can share it with other community users :)

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński