Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Avatar Guru not visible in profile JomSocial, and avatar profile Jomsocial not

6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Serg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Good afternoon!
I acquired licenses for Guru and JomSocial.
These two applications are integrated with each other but not completely.

I left the registration on the site only through the form of JomSocial. After registration, profiles of site members are created, which are displayed to the Gurus as students. But their avatars, introduced into the JomSocial, are not visible in the Guru. At the same time, such fields as name, username, email - entered in JomSocial are visible in the profile of the Guru.
icecream.me/31e0c15e68cd16e0d3bf41d8a7573cf4

To become a teacher, one must register as a teacher in the Guru. Fields name, username, email - entered in the Guru when registering the teacher are visible in the profile of the JomSocial. But the avatar entered in the Guru is not visible in the profile of the JomSocial.

So the problem is:
Avatars entered in the Guru for teachers are not visible in the profile of the JomSocial and are not reflected anywhere where there is an avatar showing the user profile of the JomSocial.
The avatars introduced into the JomSocial (and students and teachers) are not visible in the pages of the Guru.
icecream.me/63fb5bd880f05228d5a6c59ab1b9f344
icecream.me/b1d04191cb749fcf115bfe08dbe330b1

A similar problem has already been raised 5 months ago here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/guru-pro/36938-avatar-problem

I ask you to say what code I need to enter and where, so that avatars from JomSocial reflected in the Guru and vice versa, the avatars from the guru would be displayed in JomSocial.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Serg.

Thank you for contacting us.
Some time ago we developed a Guru PLUGIN integration with JomSocial:
www.jomsocial.com/blog/jomsocial-guru-in...-4-plugins-available
That wasn't a full scope integration and never was advertised as such.

The issue you rise is know and it's on our radar - we plan to add it in the future.

Alin mentioned a possible workaround here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/guru-pro/36938-avatar-problem#176581
But still you need some skills to call avatars from JomSocial.

As our technical Support do not covers customizations, please, consider to hire a professional developer who could help you.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Serg
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Good afternoon!
What code needs to be inserted in the guru to use the bypass www.jomsocial.com/forum/guru-pro/36938-avatar-problem#176581 ?
I mean what code is needed to call the avatar of the right user from JomSocial? and what is necessary to connect the guru in the head of this file?

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Serg.

I'm sorry but I can't provide you with complete solution.
Customizations nor development are not covered by our Technical Support.
You need to have PHP skills to do such a customization.
Documentation is here: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Developers_Documentation

But the best option could be to hire a developer.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński