Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How to embed a rtmp, mp4, m3u8 or iframe video?

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello there. Is there a way i can post a video from other sources or iframe it?
I'm using jomsocial for a church community and we also have a stream provider for live and VOD ( churchstreaming.tv/ ).
For replay's (VOD) they offer me different types of links such is an iframe code, M3U8 Link, MP4 link, RTMP Link, MP3 Link (for audio only) which none of them i seem to be able to just post and play.
So, what i would really like is to be able to just embed the iframe code. I assumed is somehow restricted due to security issues. My question is is there a way to enable that? perhaps for super users only?
I added my login information if is something can be modded to enable such behavior feel free to login and mod.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
Add the frame to the wall stream is not supported. But if you can using custom html module you can add the iframe to it and publish on the available module positions.
Or you can and video using video like as given here: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Photos_...Videos_Documentation

Regards

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi. Thanks for response. I just tried that, i am able now to see the video as module on the sidebar but i have to make it really small and people can't comment on it which defeats the purpose of the likes and comments. I uploaded the same video on the server and it worked fine. The issue with that is that my server its a on premises server and i only have 20Mbit upload meaning it wont support many users without running out of bandwidth which is why we have a streaming server service.
Is there any other way that i can embed my iframe video code and have people comment, like, share, etc? can i embed code as a past event maybe?

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You choose the video option in the status and add the video link.
Also, you can use Youtube/Vimeo to upload your videos so that you do not have issue to upload the video as well and it will be good option :)

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński