Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Video gallery doesn't display Private group's videos

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello.

1) Navigate to Private group (Hidden in the list)
2) Add video to this group (for example, by sharebox)
3) Navigate to main Video gallery
Result: Can't see in video gallery this video. Can see only user's videos and publick group's videos.

Expected result: Main video gallery should display all videos (from private groups too if user is member of this group) as in previous JS versions.

Links to private group and video is below.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

The private videos group only will show on group video it self, and wont how on all videos page.. this is default behavior.

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. May be it's possible to add "Group videos" tab there (like was done with photos)?
And let this tab to display videos from private groups too?

If we have tons of private groups, users don't really want to make lots clicks and visit every group's video section. It's muck easier to visit "Group videos" section.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

thank you for the idea, this is need approval by project manager first :)

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. I gain this problem: Users don't want to visit 999+ private group's video section to check if there is new videos was added.
And they don't want to infinity scroll main stream to find it too. They expected to see private group's videos in main gallery section (as before).
As result, private group's videos get Zero views (users just miss it and don't know how to find it).
The same thing with "Groups album" - users miss "Groups album" button.

As temporary solution, I desided to publish "JS Videos module" and display "Group's videos only".
But this module ignore Private group's videos and display only publick videos. Is it a bug? Should I create new topic?
For example "JS Photos" module display private group's albums.

As result we get bad situation: users also don't want to add videos to private groups anymore, because it difficult to find and videos doesn't get views. Nobody knows how to find new videos.

I believe that dividing (split) "Members" and "Groups" (videos & albums) on separate pages is a bad idea :(
I'ts OK to have separate "My albums", "Member albums", "Groups albums", "Events albums" buttons, but in this case it should be "All albums" buttons (default) or simething like this.

Can you please discuss possibility to display both video (albums) type on one page? I talk about real case and real problem.
In old JS version it worked find (groups videos / albums was in main gallery page and just has added test "in group ***".

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you post this idea into our community group www.jomsocial.com/community/groups/viewg...stions-for-the-staff

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. I’ll post suggestion about merge album / video gallery to “All videos / albums” section.

Can you please comment:
1) As temporary solution, I desided to publish "JS Videos module" and display "Group's videos only".
But this module ignore Private group's videos and display only publick videos. Is it a bug? Should I create new topic?
For example "JS Photos" module display private group's albums.

2)

thank you for the idea, this is need approval by project manager first :)

will be “Groups videos” link added to video gallery in next version? Without it it’s impossible to find private groups’ videos.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

On last comment from our Project Managaer we pending it, because we have another important feature on our road map, please keep your idea on this page www.jomsocial.com/community/groups/viewg...stions-for-the-staff

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi. Also noticed that in «My videos» section there is no private group’s videos that was posted by me. It makes double hard to find :(

Sorry for my English
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello. Seems this issue is fixed in JomSocial Version 4.5.1 Beta 2.
Now in main gallery user can see private group's videos (if UserA is member of this group).
But I tested it only with superuser. Hope there is no differencce with registered user.

Thanks.

But, can't find this private group's videos in:
1) "My videos" section - it makes user to visit group's page to find videos. :(
2) "User ***'s videos" section

Totally, I beleave: if video inside group, it shold be visible inside group and inside user's page (owner page) to make it more popular.

Sorry for my English
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The groups have their own privacy for the videos If the group is not public the video will not be visible.
And could u clear your request you want to add the video of groups in your profile that visible to you only? Or you want them to show for all users?

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński