Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Black Thumbnails

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Yes PLEASE, we need Alin ASAP

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Jose,

I am looking at your test article: newcms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=629:lorem-ipsum-test&catid=93&Itemid=101 but there is no image in it, what thumb should be created?
Or is another article?
Please let me know.

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Alin; Forget that test article, look at the Home page (link below) You had resolved the issue where the thumbnails turned into black boxes, but when we uploaded the most recent articles from the live site in preparation to launch the thumbnails disappeared all together...

www.idiotfreezone.com/newcms/

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I did some modification in code but now you need to move images from main website to newcms folders. When you copied articles they have the path like "/images/stories/publisher/authors/bentlorentzen/_97315427_mediaitem97315426.jpg" but they are not in the newcms folders.
I hope that make sense.

Kind Regards,
Alin

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

The ability to upload new images and place them into a new article directly on the site has disappeared.

www.idiotfreezone.com/newcms/index.php?o...iclesedit&Itemid=221

Attachments:
6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I just created a new article "Test Article" with a new media added from article edit page - "Test Image"

Kind Regards,
Alin

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I can not find the article you mention.

Please tell me the steps to upload a jpg or gif and place it, using the front-end Author upload (not the back-end admin ) and I will try to replicate.

www.idiotfreezone.com/newcms/index.php?o...iclesedit&Itemid=221

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Alin; Please walk me through the steps to upload and place an image into an article.

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, I just saw that the popup that should load the image is not visible... you can just go back to that page, refresh the page and then click again on add new media button. The popup should open and you should be able to see all the fields there and upload images.
Thank you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose
6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Now I can upload a new image to the Gallery, but don't see how to place it in an Article

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Once you upload it you will see some instructions, see attached image.

Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Alin

The fix you did that gave authors the ability to upload images to articles worked on the Dev site, but when we went live last night it disappeared. Would you please do it one more time? And if you can tell us how you do it, we will hopefully

not need to bother you again on this issue.

www.idiotfreezone.com/index.php?option=c...iclesedit&Itemid=221

Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jose
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Alin;

So now the Authors can upload an image. But nobody has been able to figure out how to then get it in to the article??? We get to this point (attached) and then nothing…

Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

That media will be automatically added in your article, just select from that media table how to be aligned (left or right) and where to be added (begining or end). You will see the media added after you save the article and go to the article page.

Kind Regards,
Alin

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński