Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Issues with Pictures in Stream.

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
(1) Only allowed 8 picture uploads at a time at a time.
(2) Collage in wall instead of single pics.
(3) Takes up a lot of room in stream. Should be more condensed like Facebook..

**Note** Facebook will let you upload several pictures and show say 5 of them in a collage in wall and have a +6 or +8 that you can click on to show more. Also the pictures are regular size and do not take up most of the stream. Our pictures are currently taking up a lot of stream space. See Nikki Broughton's Stream

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. See our Social section and check out the streams. Pictures will be very large, takes up a lot of space and does not show full picture.
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Charsles,

The upload 8 photos is a bug, I already reported this to our developer.

you have conflict css issue with your joomla template, so the photos on stream are becoming big..the normal layout should be like this

thank you!

Attachments:
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Dimas,

How do we fix the CSS issues with our Joomla template? We want the page to look correctly as you have shown below etc. Please advise,

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

You should modify this file staging/templates/atn/css/dev.css and please remove this code :

img {
    height: auto !important; 
}

thank you!

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you for the coding issue Dimas.

How do we fix the number of pictures that can be uploaded at once and viewed issue? I know that you said you reported the issue / bug to your developers.

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

If you upload photos from sharebox, you only have limit 8 photos per post, this is our default behavior, I am sure it make you confuse, we need a notif message for it, and I already ask this to our developer.

For unlimited upload photos at once, you can do it from photos page.

thank you

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Dimas,

The people creating my site said there is nothing they can do for me. What can I do to remove that code to make it look correctly?

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

I also have no clue what I would be doing or going to find the file or code.

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

please check again, I just applied the code, its better now..

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Thank you for your help Dimas, It works pw. Do we have to remove that line of code anytime we do future updates etc?

Thank you,

Charles

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

This code is not coming jomsocial, so everything will be fine even you update the jomsocial.

thank you!

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Dimas,

(1) How come when I see a users pictures or my own in a stream sometimes I get a weird portion of the picture shown? I do not see a smaller version of the picture rather the weird corner or something of it. It does not look right or add up as I see a portion of it. I thought that if I could see a smaller version of it I could click on it and see the enlarged version.

8 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Charles,

I dont understand, can you provide me the screenshoot and what do you want to do, please?

thank you!

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Here are two pictures. one of how Facebook looks and one how Jomsocial looks on our site. FB pictures are stacked nicely and a smaller version of the picture uploaded. Jomsocial pictures are off centered and look strange and some are not a smaller version of themselves because you have to click on it to see what the picture actually is. Please see attached.

We would like our pictures to appear like FB, nice stacked pictures, smaller versions of the uploaded picture so that people can see what the picture looks like unlike ours it appears to be 50/50 because you do not know what some of the pictures are because of how they are displayed.

We also do not have the +5, +8 etc when users upload more than the shown amount of pictures. I know it saysd it in the header that X user uploaded X number of pictures, but FB shows the number right on the box.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński