Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

New videos added as public not showing in Videos Module

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

When users add videos "as public" it shows in the activity stream and profile stream correctly but it does not shown in the VIDEOS MODULE.

The photos module works fine (shows photos added as public) and both modules/menus/etc., has the same configuration, just it was after installing JomSocial.

I have been trying things and I realized that when user login VIDEOS MODULE begins showing new videos.

I foud this related topics about this issue:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/16...-in-the-stream#86908
I tried Caled's tricky and it works but that post was made more than 5 months ago so I suppose that bug was fixed (taking in account I'm using the las JS version 3.2.1.5)

www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...omepage-module#66022
I checked the menu privacy but averything is OK, like I said photos and videos have the same configuration and photos module works fine.

Can you please tell me whats the issue?

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Antonion.

I need to see your issue in order to fix it... but I get timeout when try to reach your dev site...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

It is working perfectly. I can login to backend and frontend without any problem.

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Michal,

1.- Please check if you can see the frontend (Just the domain URL)

2.- If you see it but the problem is with the backend, then need you to give me your IP address in order to contact muy hosting provider for add it in the secure IP access (the thing is that hosting servers has security rules configurations that blocks all IP's ouside Spain).

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Antonio.

It seems it apply only to that one video. I just added new one and this one appear in module.
Could you check it and add another video?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Michal,

I ckecked it and it seems that videos module shows public videos just from "Super Users" accounts.

But please, create a normal new user account, add a video againg and you will see videos module does not show it to public.

I have no changed any of privacy sonfigurations in Jomsocial or Joomla. And remember that photo modules works fine, so thats why I think its a "videos module" issue.

What do you think?

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

Any help plese!!!

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Any help please.....

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Antonio,

please try this solution:
1. unzip this file
2. upload it under /modules/

dont forget to backup it first before replace it.

let me know the result. if still can't please provide me FTP access detail by editing your first post at this topic, put it under site info form.

Regards,
Albert

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

I did it but it is the same, not fixed.

I just gave you FTP details and some comments.

Please let me know if you "move/touch/change" anything else of the Videos Module.

And remember that some Jomsocial user had the same issue few months ( 5 months 2 weeks) ago and it seems you detected as a bug, read this please: www.jomsocial.com/forum/photos-videos/16...-in-the-stream#86908

Thanks in advance.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Antonio,

here My IP 223.164.80.101
I still cannot access your FTP, got 530 error (seem password is invalid), your issue not same like that post. It seem there is some override that not follow jomosocial latest code.

and what is administrator URL. I cant find it, if not using https always redirect to frontend. and if using https got 404 page not found.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Albert,

1.- My hosting provider has modified the security rules and granted access to your IP. You can now access to the FTP details i gave you.

2.- If you could not access to FTP was for what I mention about the hosting security reasons (read previous answers please). BUT you can Access now.

FTP details are in first post--> "Site FTP Information (Recommended)" and I just tested it few seconds ago and I got in correctly.

*******Please let me know when you finish in order putting the security rules like they were.*****

3.- I don’t know the issue, the only thing I know is that I installed JomSocial new version in servers that have all requirements and the issue presented since the beginning and that I can use the Caleb's tricky (it works) that is mentioned in that Topic:

Caleb's Tricky: "When I login to the site and change the privacy of the video to public in the edit video window then it syncs and corrects the public/guest view-ability across the site."

But I repeat I don’t know the issue, you are the experts on this.

4.- The administrator URL are in the first post in "Private Site information" -->"Test/Development Site Information (Optional)" ... And it works since Michal got in (please read all previous posts of this topic) and made some video test on the site. Not using https, and repeat it is working perfectly, I’m using/ I’m in right know

The reason you could not get access was because according with the hosting security message “someone tried to get to the site from out of Spain using a wrong credential”… it is SOLVED now but please, copy and paste the FTP or Admin access details I put it in the private area. TRUST ME those details are 100% correct :-)

If you need anything else, please do not hesitate in contact me at any time.

Thank you for your support.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Antonio,

this is a confirmed bug, seem the video from old version.
I already put the fix at your site, here the changes:
1. /modules/mod_community_videos/mod_community_videos.php at line 34
2. /components/com_community/controllers/frontend.php at lines 234, 282, and 324
3. at all the lines you can see

$permissions = ($my->id == 0) ? 0 : 20;
I changed it to
$permissions = ($my->id == 0) ? 10 : 20;

old data for public permission still using 10 as public, newest data will using 10, so <= 10 as public videos.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Antonio
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albert,

Thank you.

We detected another issue related to videos.

For example, when users post a video they can not delete activity them from activity stream (only super user can do it) and they can do that on previous versions.

Can you fix that too please?

Do we have to wait you to release a new JS version with bugs fixed before we upgrade other sites to newest version?

What is the newest most stable version of JomSocial?

Thanks in advance.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński