Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Profile Cover Image Problem

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am seeing the same issue others are reporting with latest version of Jomsocial.

When changing or adding a Profile Cover image, it repeats many times. I thought users were clicking repeatedly but we tested it carefully and NO - they are not. One click gets you 7, 8, 9 or even 10+ images in stream.

This is very ugly, fills activity stream and looks terribly unprofessional.

Please fix this.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Bridgette,

here the fixes:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/bugfixes-and-upg...and-group-covers-fix

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bridgette
9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi there

I did apply that fix and it really does fix the multiple images posted problem. Thank you.

However, it broke at least two java items. 1. Adding friends and 2. joining groups. Users cliked and clicked, and no error message appeared. It does NOTHING. No java activation at all.

I looked at the code using 'code inspection' when doing those two java clicks an it showed an uncaught exception and syntax error.

Please check this before applying it to any main build. It has a really bad problem. Worse, in my opinion than the original issue of extra images being added to the activity stream..

I have gone back to the previous code with the image bug, and wait a fix. Thank you!!

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Bridgette,

yesterday jomsocial had new release. please upgrade your Jomsocial version by using iJoomla installer.or www.jomsocial.com/forum/bugfixes-and-upg...to-jomsocial-3-2-1-2

FYI: dont forget to backup first

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Upgrade done. Why did you have me do this? My bug is still there. I just changed my cover image on profile and it put 11 copies of it on the activity stream. That's just lame. :(

Any news on when this bug will be fixed? As each person signs up and completes their profile, I have a pile of extra garbage in the stream to delete. Thanks.

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Bridgette,

if your are already using 3.2.1.2 version. this bug already fixed. please try to clear any cache (browser cache / joomla cache) because the fixes it self at Javascript code.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 8 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Bridgette,

you can also get the patch here www.jomsocial.com/forum/bugfixes-and-upg...and-group-covers-fix but as Albertus said the fix is in the latest version.

One thing to note is if you have duplicated group covers and activities, the patch / fix does not remove them. It fixes the bug so all new ones are not duplicated. existing activities or covers would need to be manually removed. i am wondering if this is why it may appear that it is not fixed

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I did that patch and it caused issues with java, so I removed the patch files. (replaced with backups) I did the upgrade and yes, we still have issues with multiple images post patch. (I did clean cache)

Now, I have an updated version, with the same issues and I have to re-edit my front page and other changes i already spent time making.

So far: Lots of time wasted. Nothing fixed.

*sigh*

9 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Did a re-install. This fixed it. Really irritated that I had to redo my work but at least it is fixed.

Thank you.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński