Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Many 3.1 issues with videos and photos

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

i was encouraged to update to jomsocial 3.1 after seeing some positive comments and now running through annoying issues

1- clicking on any video will take me to white empty page .. after switching error reporting i get the following error
Fatal error: Class 'CEngagement' not found in /home/demo/public_html/components/com_community/controllers/videos.php on line 557

2- after uploading the video, and running the cron i get error says fmpeg couldn't convert videos .. it used to work before .. check attached a screenshot1

3- when i upload a profile cover, you get promoted with (1 new message), the new cover image is borken when i click to load the message (check attached screenshot2)

4- when i upload a new photo, the share button keeps on loading despite the image being uploaded (check attached screenshot3)

5- i tried uploading a new photo from mobile, when i choose one, the page refreshes with nothing happening .. (android Samsung S3)

Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Muhanad

Can you please check the provided credentials for your site.
I cant seem to pass the htaccess check

Ill try to answer your questions "on blind"

1, 3, 4, and 5.
I cant replicate this on the clean Joomla and JomSocial installation so it looks like a one-site-specific issue, most likely caused by some third party integration or plugin.

2. This was an issue on CentOS servers, fixed with version 3.1.0.1

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinsia,

Please try username:author pass:birdfish instead

I'm glad you are looking into this, im sure its some third party but this has to do with js 3.1 since it was working with no issues in all previous versions .. Thanks buddy

10 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Sinsia,

any updates?

10 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Muhanad

Im not sure what updates youre expecting
Can you try this

Go and setup the clean version of Joomla you are using at your site, on the same server where your site is.
Install the clean JomSocial in it, with no third party extensions.

Try to replicate all these issues you have on this new site.

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Sinsia,

Updates:
issues #1 #4 are resolved after reinstalling jomsocial
issue #2 remains and previous uploaded ( not shared ) videos are not working. new video upload doesn't work as well, as the system is not converting the files

Issue #3 reminds - when i upload a profile cover, you get promoted with (1 new message), the new cover image is borken when i click to load the message (check attached screenshot2)

Issue 5 remains - mobile photo upload doesn't work

Regards,

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Muhanad

I have just tried this at your site

#2 changed and uploaded cover photo several times - they all appear, everywhere

#3 Are you running your site on CentOS? Because there are some issues with CenTOS and FFMPEG combo by itself (out of our scope) causing clashes and we are still trying to figure out what is going on with that.

#5 Mobile uploads works just fine for me

Can you please advise? Specially for issue #3

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello Sinsia

#2 cover page is not working properly at my end, i have uploaded a video for you to check. btw im using chrome screencast.com/t/7Vh3ti2AhY7

#3 yes im running centOS but i can see that other members having problem uploading new videos. i have both problems with new videos and already uploaded videos not working!

#5. im going to investigate this issue on another phone and let you know

Regards,

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Muhanad

The issue number two happens because you never really saved the cover.
The autoload script "waits" for the cover image to actually be saved first.
If you navigate away without saving, or refresh,, the cover stream image will be automatically created and youll see it in your stream.

Why its happen?
Because stream content which all the pictures are, is not ajaxified and either require a save/cancel action or other browser trigger (such is moving away to other page)

#3 Everyone having issues with using FFMPEG on CentOS and its not limited only to JomSocial users

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinsia,

#2 i thought it's a bug on my website. i wonder how you can guys fix this in future cuz it doesn't seem professional to have an image looking broken .. users might get to think it failed or something as well

#3. so what do you advice me to do. 1 to get old videos to play 2 to get new videos to start playing .. do i open another thread for this particular problem? is the fix going to be released soon, what is the progress of this bug and are you going to continue try to convert videos to mp4 or you are going back to flv?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Muhanad

#2 is really architectural issue that has to be discussed.
First, i would probably increase the autoloader time to something more than 30 sec. There is an option in the backend for that. If users still come complaining, as a quick fix, i would just remove it from the profile page with simple one-liner hack.
But to reach you with proper reply, we can do it right now, the problem is, majority of servers where people host their Joomla sites would simply stay out of memory.
That would indicate as page is stalling, and doing nothing... Ofcourse, im sure we can all predict the first one to be blamed right :)

#3 We are still fiddling with the various settings and workarounds. Currently a fix is being tested and we are at the point where ffmpeg on centos converts and plays video, but no thumbnail is being created. Surely, you can see it here
You dont have to start new thread. We are well aware of the issues with FFMPEG on CentOS and are working really hard to find the proper solution which will work for it, while not breaking the other servers and as soon as we got the proper fix, it will be published.

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Sinsia,

I need to publish my website and the video issue remains .. any news ? i see in the forum that none of the members have problem with old videos not playing .. they only face problem uploading new ones .. what is the deal?

Regards,

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • muhanad
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Bump

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Muhanad,

The issue of videos not converting is in the final stages of testing so we hope that we can realise the fix to everyone as soon as possible

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński