Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

API issue

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I just renewed my subscription to get assistance on this issue. The website is beautifinder.com .

There is a JomSocial search module at the top of beautifinder.com/index.php/looking-for-beauty . When you find a member with a valid address, the map displays. Search for Alex as an example.
However if they have uploaded their own Avatar, there is no pin displayed on the map. If no custom Avatar is in use, the generic pin does display.

When I look at the script error checker, it looks like the code is incorrect. It lists the domain twice and then the address of the jpg file. As an example, beautifinder.com//https://beautifinder.com/images/avatar/thumb e3d9f6…..jpg

It also displays a message that there is a duplicate API. I could only find one place where the Google API is entered so I am not sure what to do.

Could you give me direction or fix it?

Best,

Steve

Attachments:
6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I searched for Alex Muckey in Advance search using name and the City
prntscr.com/i1yx5v and its showing the correct thumbnail.
Could you try it now > Or give me a screenshot of the search terms to replicate this issue.

Regards

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It's on the map on her profile where there is no headshot. When I go to the map on a profile of a person who has a photo in their avatar, nothing shows on the map to indicate where their business actually is. If the person doesn't have a photo on their avatar, then the blank face avatar DOES show on the map.

Attached you'll see Alex's map with no avatar to indicate where her business is on the map.

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You have another extension installed for the Location on your site.
MyMap location, that is using the google map and another API.
Also, the API you added in Jomsocial seems incorrect, kindly disable the Map.
For the thumbnail there is error in the loading of a thumbnail, that results the 404, kindly disable the allocation, create a new API for Jomsoccial and add it.

Let me know if still you will get the thumbnail error.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Pankaj,

Thanks for your reply. I uninstalled my-maps. I created a new API key from developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key , I do not see the map for any member now.

I do not understand some of your instructions. What do yo men disable the map? I guess it is disabled now but I want it to show. Tell me step by step.

I also do not understand: "For the thumbnail there is error in the loading of a thumbnail, that results the 404, "
Thank you.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
My map is 3rfd party extension extensions.joomla.org/extension/my-maps-location/
and different as compare to Josmocial map feature that works for the location (built in locations).
If you want to use the same extension and do not want to use Jomsocial location you have to disable Jomsocial built-in map.
Becuase if you use both at the same time, there will be two map API run on the page.

Regarding thumbnail issue:
On My location extension map, the thumbnail was not showing because of the wrong path of the thumbnail image, you have to contact the MY location extension support team to check and fix this issue.

Let me know if there is any doubt.

Regards

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Pankaj,

Please look at admin panel again. I uninstalled the my-maps component before I wrote to you last time.

I still need assistance:
- I need the map to display on the member profile. If map does not display in JomSocial member because of duplilcate APIs, how do I discover the other APIs and remove them?
- once map is displayed after APIs are removed, the marker should show.

Please respond back after you have reviewed the site.

Steve for Roseanne

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

Could you give me an update in next day? Otherwise I will restore a backup from before My-Maps and then I will contact you again.
We subscribed using PayPal. If we don't get resolution soon, I will contest the charge.

Steve for Roseanne

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi
Sorry for my late reply, I was not at work yesterday due to health issues.
Let me describe the location working:

When you were using my location extension it was showing API error, because one API is used by the Map extension and another API is used by Jomsocial.

The pointer issue is not from Jomsocial it's my location Extension that was not showing the pointer.

In Jomsocial we have JS Members Map module to show the location of members.
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/JS_Members_Map
This module was not installed on your site, I just installed it for you, you can fine this module in module manager > JS Members Map and configure it and publish.

its is different as compare to Mylocatoin extension. If you want to use my location map extension you can disable the
location integration from Jomsocial configuration: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting...Location_integration

Let me know if there is any doubt or question on this part.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński