Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error message in Activity Stream and Group Discussions

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

We are receiving many php error messages in our JS Activity Stream, Group Discussions, and on Member's Walls. If you go to our website, www.ashlandfarm.com , and sign in with the information provided below. On the main page, you are can find the JS Activity Stream with the error messages. Also, if you go our Group Discussion or on a Member's Profile page, you can see the error messages. If I comment out the line of code in "/home/ashland3/public_html/components/com_community/libraries/apps.php" that is being displayed. The error messages go away, but this is just a work around to get the error message to go away and doesn't actually fix the issue. Can you guy take a look at the error and possibly help with debugging the issue?

I have also attached a screenshot of the error messages on the JS Activity Stream.

Thanks!

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Disable php error display in Joomla-settings and dont comment out that line since it can brake some other things, unless some of the admins dont tell you to do so :)
Joomla/System Configuration/
Server tab
set
Error Reporting: None

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hey Vladimir,

Thanks for your reply. While taking your suggested action does get rid of the errors, it doesn't actually fix the cause of the errors which could also break some other things. You suggestion is essentially the same thing as my workaround of commenting out the line of code. It is just suppressing the error messages. I am hoping the admins/developers of JomSocial will have some more advice to fixing the errors and not just getting rid of the errors.

Thanks!
Davis

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Best way to get support is to enable
Require help from Admin/Mod? (Max length 500 chars) - located bellow orange ATTACHMENTS button when writing new reply/topic -
option in this thread and fill in additional information on form that will appear so admin can take a closer look. Just create new reply and enable option and enter required data.

6 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Lucy
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks! I did that with my original post when I posted it originally. I know the Admins/Mods are on holiday break, so I don't expect any quick responses right now.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński