Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

A lot of questions!

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

We have created a social network for a closed group of users on Your platform, thus we need the following things in order for it to work correctly:
1. To prevent all activities (like, share, etc.) from appearing outside the platform. All activities should be seen only by users of the platform, so we shall need the “show everyone” button (globe symbol) removed. Currently there is a “More” (Vairāk) button visible from the outside of the platform – we have no idea on how it got there and how to remove it.
2. Is it possible to add a collective chat window on the left side, where everyone shall be able to write and all texts written there shall be seen by everyone online?
3. What are the options for adding some extra Joomla modules on the left side of the block, not using only the places indicated by the platform?
4. The left block section “Photo comments” is not updating the latest comments.
5. Is there an option or some kind of software that automatically provides resizing of the pictures, uploaded by the users, to the needed parameters, so that they do not need to do it manually? This issue is very topical as the platform will be used by nursing homes for elderly people, and their possibilities are quite limited.

6 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Artis.

Thank you for contacting us.

1. The easies way is to hide stream for non members. To do that browse to backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Layout -> Frontpage Activity Stream -> Show Activity Stream -> Members Only.

You may be also interested in this: www.jomsocial.com/forum/events/28553-glo...ered?start=14#180355

2. No, not everyone online... you want not a chat but a kind of a shoutbox. In near future we'll release a chat module who will allow to chat with community members. If you don't want to wait and want to have more sophisticated chat with rooms - check jChatSocial.

3. I'm not sure if I understood you well. You may assign modules to template module positions or utilize JomSocial built in positions: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions
Finally you may create own positions wherever you want - just check how module position is called in components/com_community/templates/layouts/profile/base.php

4. Which block do you mean? Please, shown me a printscreen.

5. But JomSocial converts and scale down uploaded images - there is no need to do that before upload.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

4. Which block do you mean? Please, shown me a printscreen.

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

It works correctly: prntscr.com/i0pmez
Photo comments are those made exclusively in photo - when viewed in modal window. Not the one you made on stream - they are activity comments and won't be displayed in that module.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for the reply.
Now this is understandable

6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sorry,
But I do not have so much knowledge of Joomla ;)
I help this project on a voluntary basis.
And I do not manage to place, for example, a html module in the specified location (see attachment).

Attachments:
6 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

The best option will be just to check where are assigned modules that precede place where you want to display your new module.
Probably they utilize built-in module positions: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński