Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Plugin Position Options

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Sarah
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to have all profile and JS frontpage positions available in the plugin settings? I would like the ability to place the JS app plugins in more than what you offer.

Sarah

Attachments:
6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Sarah.

Thank you for contacting us.
But they contain all usable module positions on Profile page :)
Plugins can be used ONLY on Profile pages so only positions used there can be listed.
Available list positions are here: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-i...ns#Profile_Positions

Positions labeled "mine" are not listed in plugin as they are the same as other positions but visible only for profile owner...
Position labeled "feed" is the same position as "Main content".

So as you see all positions are available :)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Sarah
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your quick reply, but not all positions are represented in your dropdown list.

The 'Main Content' position doesn't include the 'js_profile_feed_top' and 'js_profile_feed_bottom' positions. For instance, I want to be able to assign the "My Photos" and "My Videos" plugins to the 'js_profile_feed_top' position.

The 'Sidebar Top' and 'Sidebar Bottom' positions don't include the 'js_profile_top' and 'js_profile_bottom' positions.

Also, when developers create plugins based on JomSocial's API, they can only use the positions you make available. I would like to be able to assignment to a "mine" position to ProfileURL's plugin where the user can customize their profile URL and be the only ones to see it. Right now, I can only choose a position that is visible to the public.

Your consideration to make these positions available would be appreciated.

Sarah

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Sarah.

Main content is equivalent for feed positions - it just adds another tab instead of new box above or below feed.
Some positions are not included indeed but please note that this apply only to situation when you want to use plugin as a CORE app.
It's because profile owner should decide what he/she want to add in those more noticeable positions.
Each app could be added to ANY position in profile at frontend.
CORE app means that this particular app will be displayed in those places on ALL profiles and can't be disabled.
Please, check how does it look on Frontend -> Profile -> Customize My Page

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Sarah
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you for this additional information. I will check in to how the Customize My Page feature works.

6 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Sarah.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm happy to help.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński