Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Fatal Error:- Failed opening /models/community.php

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Clicking on Components -> Jomsocial in the Administrator area gives the following error:-
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/prodhosting/public_html/mesmaa/components/com_community/models/community.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/prodhosting/public_html/mesmaa/components/com_community/libraries/core.php on line 662

7 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Sheetal,

This issue caused by old Jomsocial version and new Joomla version, to fix this you need update jomsocial to the latest version :)

cheers!

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

How do i update the Jomsocial to the new version?
Will it not break my existing site?

7 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Sheetal,

YOu can update via iJoomla installer, install iJoomla installer first documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/IJoomla_Installer_Installation

make sure you backup your data first, the upgrading will be safe.

thank you!

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

How can i prevent these automatic updates from happening when my site goes live?
This can be dangerous once the site is live.

7 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

actually the updating should be do manually, i suggest you install the latest version on your backup server/dev server

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński