Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How can I choose menu url of jomsocial toolbar

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Now, If I click home icon then go to the main page(landing page).
I'd like to change it to jomsocial main page.

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

You need to edit this file: ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/toolbar.index.php
Copy it to: ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community (if you don't have "html" or "com_community" folders, feel free to create them)

And in line 70 you can enter your own url instead of index.php?option=com_community&view=frontpage

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'd like to change it to jomsocial home not joomla home.
It's unable url like http://mydomain/index.php/jomsocial

And there is something wrong with URL system.

I installed demo site to my local server and I'm working on compared with it.

On demo
HOME > JOMSOCIAL > Super User

Attachment 20.png not found

But my site is displayed like HOME > Super User

Attachments:
9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, seongsoo.

Please provide us with working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site backend.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Oh,, I changed password to it.
You can login now.

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, seongsoo.

The problem here is that you have 3 different languages.
JomSocial frontpage comes with 3 different menu item ID: 647 (KO), 646 (JP) and 651 (EN).
So if you hard code any redirection to icon in toolbar it will be fixed. E.g when you hardcode link to menu item ID 646 (JP) then you'll have error in English and Korean.

Home icon by default redirects to default (defined by user) home page. So what you could do here is to set community as default start page and shape it to look like your current start page (article).

Or code dependencies (php conditions) for home icon so different URL will be loaded depending on current language.

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

what's is hard coding?
I don't understand how can I fix this problem.

9 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, seongsoo.

"Hard coding" is entering fixed code into dynamic code. So entered part will stay as it was written. In this case it will be a link.
You need to customize file ROOT/components/com_community/templates/jf_social_js_32/toolbar.index.php

But you use already customized file that comes from your template jf_social_js_32. So you should contact with your template provider and ask them to help you implement that customization and advise how to create proper override for that file (simple copying it to ROOT/templates/jf_social/html/com_community will throw an error).

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński