Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Latest Members Module

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hi

This module is installed and activated when installing Jomsocial 3.x, however I have found it to cause too many db queries and slow down my website massively since upgrading to Joomla 3.3.x

On reading the documentation wiki I see this module is listed as not being supported after Jomsocial 2.8.x

If this is the case, why is the module installed and activated by default in Jomsocial 3.x - is this just a bug? Is the documentation wiki wrong? Will this module ever work?

9 years 4 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Alan,

The latest Members module is not installed with the current version of Jomsocial, If you have this module it may be an old one you haven't installed during an upgrade perhaps. We don't ever remove things from a users site during an upgrade.

All the current modules that install with JS 3.2.15 that are activated on install are working in Joomla 3.3

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Thank you for confirming, can you confirm the status of the "online users" module, the wiki has it listed as 2.8 however my extension manager gives it a version of 3.2.1.5

Any plans to improve communication on the discontinuation/support of modules as it's easy to overlook when doing a Jomsocial update, would be good to have it listed in the changelog - I don't remember seeing it ever de-listed, possibly I missed it

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński