Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Mod positions

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

I can't find the jomsocial position that appears when you go to a group or video page (unless it's sidebar2).
See the difference:

on the Main JS page I have a few mods in the side bar on the right:
going-natural.com/the-community

When I click on group: I basically see 2 side bars. The one inside is from js but I can't control it. What position is it? How can I add/remove mods from that bar?

going-natural.com/the-community/groups/v...tural-hair-show-2014

Also the thumb nails are distorted because they are not resized well. They look ugly. How can it be fixed?

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Mireille,
See the built-in module position for jomsocial main content area as documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions
Let me know if you need further help.
Thanks

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mireille.

Those are not quite modules but built-in boxes. You can remove them by editing:

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/groups.viewgroup.php copy it to ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community (if you don't have "html" or "com_community" folders, feel free to create them).

They start in line 375.

Also there are two built-in module positions:

<?php $this->renderModules( 'js_side_top' ); ?>
<?php $this->renderModules( 'js_groups_side_top' ); ?>

You can use them to displaying your other modules there. You need to enter exact module position e.g "js_side_top' when editing module as those module positions are not displayed on the list (as are not part of template).

Read more about built-in module positions: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions

Yes, thumbnails looks wrong as they are stretched inproportionally. Thumbs are 48x48 px but in this case style is added to strecht them to 64x48 px. You need to remove "style="width: 64px;"" that is assigned to image in line 408.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Instead of editing them out I think it's better to use the mod positions. It looks much better now but now the other problem remains. Where/which file do I remove "style="width: 64px;""?

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mireill.

I mentioned only one file :)

ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/groups.viewgroup.php copy it to ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community (if you don't have "html" or "com_community" folders, feel free to create them). So the same file as before...

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Sorry but I can't find: style="width: 64px. Please check the attachment.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mireille.

Did you removed group members box?
I can't see it to check it again: prntscr.com/4ex97w

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

no I did not remove the box. As I said earlier instead of removing the boxes I used the box positions which works fine. That is what you see.

The one thing I am trying to solve is the distorted thumbnails.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Mireille.

Then please, make a new printscreen, mark box with issue... this will spare me to search it all over your site ;)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński