Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Adding Hits Counter

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Rob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

How can I add number of hits to discussions? Our bloggers LOVE to see the number of views their blogs get. It gives them an ego boost and keeps them coming back. We recently upgraded from Joomla 2.5 to 3.2 and I think it was customized for us in the old version.

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

Could you please provide me more details? which page do want to put the hits number and on which part of page? (please provide me the screenshot)

and about your FTP access detail. the FTP Host is wrong (Host: Cloud Access). I need the correct one to help you edit the files if needed.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Rob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Albertus and team,

We are a weather community based around forecasts and comments. Many of our forecasters are looking to get discovered and find jobs, so their popularity on the site is a big deal to them and that's why we need hits counter and Date/time stamp also.

What we hope to make happen:
1) Each time discussion is in a feed it is date/time stamped and includes hits.
Example: March 13, 2014 2:46pm Hits: 709

Locations of each feed:
A) Home>Latest Discussion
B) Home>(within any group)>Discussions in two locations
C) Weather Forecast Community>All activities to be latent time, like 21 hors ago

2) We want to keep recent activities as lagging time, like "21 hours ago"
3) We want to run a report once a month that shows number of hits for each culmination of all discussions posted during a time frame for each blogger.

I will do whatever I can to help with this.. I just don't know how.
Thank you so much for all you do and for being so awesome in support

Note: I will be changing the word "discussion" to "blog" throughout the site. I hope that does not affect this plan.

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

for rightnow we only have Hits for group only not for discussion. But for your requirement can happen by customization with our Jomsocial code. maybe you can consider this: www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

cheers,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

Because this thread no respond for a long time. I assume has been resolved if not, you can respond this thread any times.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Rob
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Albertus,

We decided against the counter.. As it turns out having queries run to increase the number of hits is part of the reason our old site got slow. We're anticipating a lot of traffic by Fall so the faster and less bogged down by queries, the better! We decided yesterday to go with date/time stamp instead. Do you know how I can add that to latest discussions?

I really appreciate the follow up!

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

Please open new Topic for this.
Btw we have latest discussion module. but that module for all latest groups discussions.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński