Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Question and suggestion

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Goran
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Active

Hello I have started to optimizing my website with Facebook open graph and Twitter cards but when it comes to JomSocial there is no success because when I insert for example og:image property Facebook always render front page image I have set. It would be great if support for entering these tags would be possible for JomSocial. If not can you point me to where to insert these open graph properties so that social networks render what I want .
I need to point that this only happens with JS frontpage other JS related pages are displaying corectly content I have set up for Facebook open graph and Twitter properties.

Thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

- I cant see jomsocial component on your website, please provide me the correct domain information
- You can debug the opengraph from here opengraphcheck.com , let me know what do you get

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Goran
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Thank you Dimas, for now I have disabled JomSocial on my site, as I need to correct few things concerning it.
I will let you know if this happens after I re enable it again in the future.

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Sure, just let us know if you still have the questions.

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Goran
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hello Dimas I have enabled JS again and here is screenshot of what is going on with meta properties
prnt.sc/gy8jhl

To be precise let me explain what I need.
For example for joomla articles meta I use following code in template override to generate correct Facebook property tags:

//opengraph
$document = JFactory::getDocument();
$document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:url" content="'.JURI::current().'" />');
$document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:type" content="article" />');
$document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:title" content="'. $this->item->title .'" />');
$document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:description" content="'. JHtml::_('string.truncate', $this->item->introtext, 155, false, false ) .'" />');
if ($article_image) {
	$document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:image" content="'. JURI::root().$article_image.'" />');
	$document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:image:width" content="1246" />');
	$document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:image:height" content="854" />');
}
and because of this I do not have to use third party plugins or extensions. Can you tell me is there any way for something like this to be inserted in JS override so it will generate proper values we set?
And why when set with plugin JS pulls wrong meta?

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

- This is bit tricky, you need add it manually from core code directly.. but for the solution maybe you can try this one extensions.joomla.org/extension/perfect-open-graph-tags/
- I am not sure why the system put wrong meta, actaully if you check this from this page opengraphcheck.com/ the meta should correct, right? like on this screenshot prnt.sc/gy8jhl

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Goran
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

No, you are misunderstanding me Dimas, second part on that screenshot ( prnt.sc/gy8jhl )are meta inserted by plugin for opengraph but on JS pages first meta loaded is in that first square of screenshot. And for meta to render as it should that auto loaded meta must be removed
Also if you test community here www.jomsocial.com/community results which facebook debugger gives are identical as on my site except title and desc naturally.
Here is the screenshot prnt.sc/gyrmg3 and I can bet that if you insert some meta you will get same results as on my site. If you compare it to mine it is identical prnt.sc/gyro8d

So how do we remove/change meta generated by JS or move them to second place so that meta generated from plugins is taken first? Basically problem is only in image it pulls.

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you open this file components/com_community/views/frontpage/views.html.php, find this code

CHeadHelper::setType('website', JText::sprintf('COM_COMMUNITY_FRONTPAGE_TITLE', $config->get('sitename')));

on the further information regarding that code, please look components/com_community/helpers/head.php, look this function
setType($type, $title, $description = null, $images = null)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński