Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Contact forms not working -- don't send data (JABuilder issue)

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Laurie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hey all,

I am trying to use a contact form from the CONTACTS modules. I tried all the forms that are there and I get the same problem with each -- they don't send the data that is submitted to the e-mail address requested.

Here's what I have tried:

• I've tried three different contact forms. They all react the same -- they don't send data submitted.
  • I've tried leaving the "receiver(s)" section empty and I've tried putting in my administrator address.
  • I publish the page. Then, from the published page, I enter a name and e-mail in order to subscribe (I am using an e-mail address not associated with the domain of this site). I hit the submit button and I get a message saying my data was successfully submitted BUT that data is never sent to my administrative e-mail.

• Please see attachment and let me know if there's a way to get these working.

Thanks!
    Laurie

Attachments:
    6 years 5 months ago
    • Dimas
    • Visitor
    • Thank you received: 0
    Licenses:

Hi,

is this issue working fine on another template?
    have you tried with this module extensions.joomla.org/extension/rapid-contact/ ?

thank you!

6 years 5 months ago
      Topic Author
    • Laurie
    • Fresh Boarder
    • Thank you received: 1
    Licenses:
    JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Dimas wrote: Hi,

is this issue working fine on another template?
    have you tried with this module extensions.joomla.org/extension/rapid-contact/ ?

thank you!

I do not have another template on my site. I uninstalled Beez and Protostar because I am nearing my file limit on my host. I use JA Builder as my template.

Since I am using JA Builder as the template for my site, I'm not certain why I would want to even test the contact in another template -- or how I would test it in another template. Do JA Builder modules work within other templates?

I guess I can try the extension. However, that doesn't seem like it will fix the issue with the contact modules within JA Builder. I just want to use JA Builder as my template and have the modules work. Is that not possible?

Laurie

6 years 5 months ago
    • Dimas
    • Visitor
    • Thank you received: 0
    Licenses:

Hi Laurie,

I already enabled back the protostar template, please check with that template first.. let me know how it goes..

Because I need to know this issue is coming from JA template or from your module itself.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński