Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Date format

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

How do I change data fotmat in Jomsocial to "day-of-week, date month year" (like: "Tuesday, 13 march 2018")?
This seems not to be possible, but is normal date format in my country.

For example, in jomsocal birthdy module, I can set date format. But how to set date format for other date views in Jomsocial to this correct format?

Regards Rini

Attachments:
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You need to define it in the /modules/mod_community_birthdays/mod_community_birthdays.xml
Add another value for example :

<option value="D, M j Y">D, M j Y</option>

To show the Year at the end of date.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rini
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you, fixed that. Now I have few other questions:

1) Where to find and change date format which is shown in event details, here also is Englist format shown.

2) How I make this change to not override with next update?

3) I want to change date format of birthday. In backend, at profilefile, I specify "d F Y" in date notation field. I used "F" because I want to show full text representation of month. But now the month shows up as English, not translated into Dutch. How to solve?

4) Are there any more date settings in JomSocial? And how to change them to correct Dutch representation?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
You can change the format from the Jomsocial backend and override the days month from the Joomla language override.
Here you can see the date formate offered in the PHP : php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Please create New topic for each new question. The events are different from the birthday module.
This topic is for a different question and already answered. Each new topic also helps other users to find the answer to different questions.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński