Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Forcing privacy

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

In backend, I go to Configuration | Privacy.
At "Default User Privacy" I can set default privacy and with "reset existing user's privacy" I can enforce this setting to override all current user settings.
This works fine, except for "Public'. I can set default to "public", but when I reset existing privacy, there is no error, but on frontend, the public privacy is NOT set for users.
Any other setting then "public" I do can enforce.

How to enforce "Public" for all users?

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

any news on this?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I will test this issue on your test site.
Both issues were the specific issue on your site.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
Maybe then you can also check this one: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/389...upload-process-error seems also specific to my site. This one video (available in my FTP root) fully converts, but does not get published on frontend, only backend. So my argument is that ffmpeg is not the problem, error is during publishing in Jomsocial script.
Thank you!

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
I saw on other topic support team member already working and suggested you to check it with hosting provider.
Kindy follows the same thread and shares the information with support team as a request by him.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Yes I am working with him on the video problem, but no progress and he offered to ask you to test it on testserver, so If you can also look into it?
There is no hosting providor to ask, it's running in Azure and for that I created a testserver. Al values are set according to Jomsocial specifications.

Any progress already on this topic "Forcing privacy" not working?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
For video it does seems the server issue, you may need to check it with hosting provider for the error.
For this topic , I am checking it with development team on your site,
I will update you here on the privacy issue.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
This issue is fixed on your site in the file : components/com_community/templates/jomsocial/layouts/privacy.php
Please check it now.
We will add this fix in the next update of Jomsocial.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rini
6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Pankaj,

Thank you working perfect now.
Can it be that it is the same issue as here: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/389...g-for-dutch-language
Problem the quote (') being part of the name? If so than maybe same fix will apply here.
Regards Rini

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
the other topic is not for privacy issue.
I noticed support team member already working on your issue, Kindly follow the same topic for other issues.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński