Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No mail on invetarion request

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

When a user clicks on invetation reuqest ("Uitnodigingsverzoek"), green button on homepage http://myShadowMC, and fills in the required fielfd and clicks on "Verstuur", the request ends up in the backend, correct like it should, but I do not receive any e-mail on this action. So I have to look in the backend several times a day to check.
How do I configure to send me a mail upon invetation request?

Regards, Rini

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The Email option is present for group and event invitation in the Jomsocial.
Currently, i am not able to understand which option you are using. can u share the URL and let me know how you are inviting users to group or event?
So i can check this issue.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

>>... group and event invitation ...
Neither, I am speaking about the invitation request to join the site. In backend in Configuration | Registration I've swtiched on "Request invitation" at "Invite only". Then the invite button appears on homepage as I described. The system works: when a user requests an invitation to register on the site, he receives an e-mail and so on ...
BUT, the initial invitation request does not generate an e-mail. I need to go to Monitor | Pending Invitations and check there to see if someone has made a request. Several times a day. But I really would like te receive a mail notifying me that a request is waiting. How do I do that?

>> ... can u share the URL ...
I did in my original mail: http://myShadowMC
The green button in te lower right corner.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi
The email will be sent only to the event and group invitation requests.
I shared your request for the development team to add this feature in the future updates.
I appreciated your feedback on this topic.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

This is an essention function for me. You provided in the Jomsocial product an invitation request, but forgot to implement a mail warning function.

Can you give me a hint or suggestion how I can add a simple notification e-mail in the code, even if I have to hardcode it and have to redo it after an upgrade.
I't relly a burden to have a look several times a day in the backend ...

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
Invitation email works fine, but they will be sent if the admin will allow as per needs.
I already shared your request with the team and its added in the roadmap as well.
The file path is : /components/com_community/controllers/registerinvite.php
Find function registerinvite_save

If you can wait for some time, hopefully, it will be added in next update.

Regards

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

My site goes live within a week so I need a (temporary) solution quick.
I know you don't do custimization, but hope you can help me out.

In the file/function you mentioned I've entered:

$registerintiveTable = JTable::getInstance('RegisterInvite', 'CommunityTable');
$registerintiveTable->name = $post;
$registerintiveTable->email = $post;
$registerintiveTable->reason = $post;
$registerintiveTable->status = 0;
$registerintiveTable->actionby = 0;

$to = "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.";
$subject = "Uitnodigingsverzoek myShadowMS ontvangen";
$message = "Er is een uitnodigingsverzoek binnengekomen op MyShadowMC";
$retval = mail ($to,$subject,$message);

if ($registerintiveTable->store()) {
// skip avatar upload
$mainframe->redirect(CRoute::_('index.php?option=com_community&view=registerinvite&task=registerinvitesuccess', false));

First and last codeblock are JomSocial code, the 4 lines in the middle is what I enetred.
I'm not a programmer nor developer, so hop you can help me out, since there is no mail sent...

Regards, Rini

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
It needs customisation of the code to achieve this and needs the developer to make custom work and debugging.
I am unable to give this new feature at this moment, but I shared I added this in the feature request to add it in future updates.

Regards

6 years 3 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Pankaj,

Please note that also no message is sent with:

1) Pending invitations (see above)
2) Pending members
3) Reports

There may be more, but this is what I found and what I now need to check manually on a regular basis.
So my request is to receive an e-mail on al 3 topics.

Regards, Rini

Attachments:
6 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi
For members, there is no notification as it show a member of site.
I am not sure why you need notification to see members list.
For the report, i will share your feedback/request with the development team for a further discussion on this feature.

Regards

6 years 2 weeks ago
    Topic Author
  • Rini
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Members should also generate an e-mail, because when registration is not set to "Self", but to "Administrator", then the user end up in the "Members" list to be apporved by an Administrator (no activation link). At the right side, there is a dropdown for pending members, which would genereate an e-mail to an administrator to be notified.

6 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi
Members show the list of the Members not email.
If you set the approval of new user to admin. Admin will get the email notification, just like in Joomla registration.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński