Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Garbage graphics in the free bonuses folder

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I just noticed the 'free bonuses' folder in the current jomsocial download is full of garbage graphics such as images trollface and grumpy cat (both of which need to be licensed by their copyright owners especially for commercial use!).
I'm assuming someone pasted these folders into the folder somehow accidentally, and the content of previous needs to be put back?

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

No, they were actually asked for. And since they were acquired the legal way and no profit is made of them (that's why it's in a folder named "free") it's by the law allowed to the be used.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

The first impression I got from seeing the contents of the folder was that it looked cheap and tacky, like someone copied from a Google search.
I'm shocked that this folder even exists. If i were a newcomer to jomsocial I would have certainly been put off the product after visiting that folder.
However, I'm glad to know you have the appropriate licences in place :)

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I use twitter icons from this folder sometimes, but seems new icons was released and it missed in folder.

Sorry for my English
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi

It's just an addon, which doesn't have to be used, so I doubt it will scare people away :) But surely I will show Your suggestion to developers. Thank You.

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It would be great to add small icons to use with new feature that display icons near user’s name depending on usergroup.
1) shield for admins
2) crown for VIPs.
3) and more

thanks.

Sorry for my English
6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

Ok. Will copy it to suggestions.

6 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Gavin
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Yep this would make much more sense :)

6 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi

It's in suggestions already, so I'm closing this thread.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński