Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
I am just about to move from ES to JS and one of the issues I have is the MainMenu.
I use Socialize for my new page and the MegaMenu is a little bit buggy (changes are not saved) and it seems like it is not capable of groupings, subtitles and stuff like that. So I like to use an external Menu item. But when I try to publish the menu-module in the main navigation position, it simply does not show up. It only shows up in other positions, but not in the main navigation.
In addition to that, I don´t find a way to turn off the Socialize Main-Menu. Whatever I do ... it stays there.
Unfortunatelly the Community-Toolbar has not as many features as the regular JS-toolbar. I don´t want to use bouth toolbars as they are double, but how can I add some more menu-items in the community-toolbar? And how can I change the login-behaviour of the community-toolbar? It´s mostly stuff which is present in the JS-Toolbar and missing in the community-toolbar.
1. Edit your first post.
2. Click switch below main text field:
3. Provide your site details: backend URL, admin credentials and FTP:
4. Let us know that you provided credentials by posting in the same thread.
I'll take a look.
Community Toolbar for Socialize Template is deprecated so we recommend to use JS Toolbar. Also you may hide toolbar that is displayed within JomSocial in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Layout. Just DO NOT remove any menu items from JomSocial Toolbar menu item! They are crucial for internal navigation. So by hiding that toolbar you may utilize only JS Toolbar :)
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you