Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Vanilla Installation - JS shadow theme

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have a vanilla installation of Joomla 3.7 with only the Jomsocial component. I installed the "JS shadow theme" and enabled it, however it do not look anything like your blog post www.jomsocial.com/blog/sneak-peek-new-jomsocial-theme-js-shadow .
Do I need to have JA Mood template installed and enabled first?, what am I missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

BUMP!!! anyone?

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Can you post some screenshot?

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

screen shot attached... I see the text in red (possible error), I reinstalled the theme and even went as far as to reinstall Joomla and Jomsocial. Still the same.

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

If you have installed JS Shadow theme than You need to make if default theme in JomSocial settings (Configuration/Templates/mark JS Shadow and hit button in upper right corner Default). If there is no JS Shadow theme you have not installed it.
You need to make JomSocial default homepage menu item. Go Joomla admin menu Menus/Main Menu/ mark JomSocial and hit Default button
Those are basic steps and should result in displaying something that looks like demo, just without content/posts/images ...
That screenshot looks like default Joomla theme, and default jomsocial theme.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark
6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Appreciate the help to get me to this point... the header and menu is missing/different on all the themes, is this custom and not in the shadow etc themes by default? also the page width is pushing the login and register buttons, I can fix this but I wanted to know if the blog post was a default display with no mods and using what Joomla template, what am i missing? I just don't want to go changing/adding css etc and its just something simple to get it to look like the blog post. (header and menu).

Thank you

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

You are using different login module so it is messing with overall looks of theme. Some fiddling with css is needed to make all fit nicely. Login module that you use is more vertical while module intended for JS Shadow is more of horizontal nature so activity stream is pushed down. 2 solutions:
1) make login module horizontal - not easy task since there are a lot of elements
2) make header landing/picture higher - easier solution .joms-landing and .joms-landing__image will need to be set to larger height

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mark
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thank you for the quick reply, but everything is default (joomla, jomsocial, themes etc) nothing is 3rd party or custom, vanilla installation. The problem is the header/menu items see attachment above..

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Home | JomSocial menu? Just unpublish Main menu module in Joomla/Admin/Extensions/Modules "Main menu" or module that is displaying Main Menu. Look for Module type Menu.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński