Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

4.4.1 upgrade - privmsg convert gives 0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Nicolai
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

After upgrading, it converted 1/3 (approx) of the messages before it stopped at "0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error".

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Nicolai
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I solved the issue for this record. Seems like your migration routines lacks som escaping. Please pass this info on to the developers.

In an old message body was

"nårr. tror jeg går iseng. sees =). natte nat. =}"

changed to

"nårr. tror jeg går iseng. sees =). natte nat. ="

Conversion is running again.

I am sorry if I seems like a smart-ass - but I could not wait days for resolution with 800 impatient users :)

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

How did you locate the specific message? How did you edit it? Having the same issue here, trying to fathom it out =)

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Nicolai
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I don't have the SQL statements at hand, but I searched the the date in old table > than the last converted in new table - there is also a "converted" attribute on the old table you can omit all that is not null on the table.

For me it was } character in a few messages and one had only {{}}{}{{}} with some numbers (smileys I suppose). I change the } to ) - the last one I just wrote "Message could not be converted" in.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Thanks! I actually got Dimas to fix my problem. They will put the fix into the release of the next version. I'm just looking through the backend now to check the conversion progress. I must have hit the cron job about 400 times or so. I really didn't think we had that many messages , so I'm curious :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński