Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

after 4.4 update 4,3 messages are gone

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Like couple of other users here all previous messages from 4.3 are not showing in users chat/mail in 4.4

I did run that manually cron link that was mention, but still nothing shows up

In the other posts its says to run over and over again...how many times is that? 5? 10? 100?

Seems the installer should include the migration process? What do i need to to do to fix?

thank you

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I was about to post a support request - but noticed a few started coming.

It converts 20 messages each time the cron job runs.

Verified using the statement below:

SELECT max(created_at), count(*) FROM jos_community_chat_activity;

If you want to know how many messages you have, run
select max(posted_on), count(*) from jos_community_msg;

I have 171.672 in my database. So that is 4292 runs of the Cron job. Or close to 3 days if I run it every minute.

Later:
I did search for the SQL or PHP code to change so it would convert a lot more, but could not find it. So I am doing the following hack instead:

I have disabled my usual 5 min cronjob and are instead running the following command in the console - it takes 4-5 seconds per run, so I should be done in 5-6 hours if my calculation is correct.
watch -n 5 'lynx -source "http://yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron"'

Edit 3 - I've changed it to wait 5 seconds between updates (-n 5) since it was making my site too slow :)

Edit 4 - Now i've hit a "0 - Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error" error - time to file a support request :-(

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

So i guess this issue is being ignored? or is it being worked on? Running a cron job jobs for days seems ridiculous

6 years 7 months ago
  • Matt
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I guess they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Too many in each run and as you've already noticed, the site will slow down. But too few and it will take multiple runs of the cron, but with no noticeable impact on performance.

At least you've got some messages, I just get a animated 3 line icon and no messages at all.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

I assume the index I made in the post below will also speed things up and ease the load on the conversion.

www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/372...-of-private-messages

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thanks Nicolai for your response , So admin wont respond, ive asked several times

is the index being incorporated into a patch software release?

Lucky i only installed this on my test site, this update seems like a disaster to the non-coder

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński