Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Can't Install JomSocial or Guru

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Krisha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active

Hello! I have just installed Joomla 3.7.2 and have downloaded the most recent version of JomSocial (4.3.4, the stable version) and Guru (Guru 5 for Joomla 3). However, while I can install all the "extra" plugins/modules that come with these packages just fine, I can't install JomSocial or Guru. I keep getting the following error message: "Error: There was an error uploading this file to the server. Unable to find install package." I definitely should be installing the right package, so I'm not sure why I keep getting this error. Oddly enough, after getting the error, I do see the packages installed in the Extensions center, but when I activate them, they do not appear in the Components menu, so it is definitely not installing correctly. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Please check this
- make sure your server is fit with jomsocial and guru requirements
- make sure the tmp folder is writeable and the folder is correct

I hope it will help

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Krisha
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active

Hello! Thank you for your reply. I just checked it and yes, our server fits with JomSocial and Guru's requirements, and the tmp folder is writable. However, it still won't install. Any ideas on what I should do? Thank you so much for your help!

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Jomsocial already installed with manual installation from tmp folder

Your server configuration is not fit with Jomsocial needs, please you update it..

After you upgrade your server config, so you can continue install Guru by yourself :)

thank you!

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński