Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Toolbar translate

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

Hi, I have my site in two language, english and spanish. I followed the steps in: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Translate_Toolbar for to translate jomsocial, but the system don't recognize the key "COM_COMMUNITY_TOOLBAR_ITEMNAME" (for the example I did "COM_COMMUNITY_TOOLBAR_PROFILE" for the first menu item "profile".
I also have the key in both language .ini archives (why it not are in en-GB.com_community.ini? i created ir in english too).
But the menu item show me the key, not the translation and not the word in english.
Thanks.

Attachments:
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

the issue because that menu not part of jomsocial and that module not designed for multiple languages.
to tackle the issue I put the fix at:
/modules/mod_menu/helper.php line 127

$item->title        = htmlspecialchars($item->title, ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8', false);
I changing the code to
$item->title        = htmlspecialchars(JText::_($item->title), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8', false);

and please do not edit language files for new translation, please do it from joomla backend > extensions > languages > overrides
so the new translation will not disappear if any language update.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński