Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Unable to install jomsocial on my site

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I bought jomsocial and was Unable to install jomsocial.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 open joomla administrator
2 install jomsocial
3 unable to install

RESULT
error on installing
EXPECTED RESULT
should install without issues
BROWSER
all browsers

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Chandra.

Thank you for contacting us.
JomSocial 4.2.2 doesn't support Joomla 2.5 (J! 2.5 is outdated version and legacy support was removed few months ago).
You need to upgrade before you install latest version of JomSocial.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I called godaddy and they replied that joomla version cannot be updated on my server. So I tried buying new domain and hosting which supports latest version of joomla and php. I installed jomsocial on it. jomsocial is very slow and it throws errors few times like

Note: Could you please update my support domain name from techies.hyderabadtechies.net to hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial

PHP Warning: is_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(\plugins\community\wordfilter\wordfilter.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (G:/PleskVhosts//techies.hyderabadtechies.info\;C:\Windows\Temp\) in G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\libraries\joomla\filesystem\file.php on line 626

When I tried opening jomsocial from joomla administrator it throws below error

PHP Warning: require_once(G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial/components/com_community/models/community.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\components\com_community\libraries\core.php on line 672
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial/components/com_community/models/community.php' (include_path='.;.\includes;.\pear') in G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\components\com_community\libraries\core.php on line 672

admin url
www.hyderabadtechies.net/techiessocial/administrator/

Try to register and login once.

hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Chandra.

I visited your site and it seems to have JomSocial installed and working: i.prntscr.com/38301c2505f04e67897e0cf6033662a0.png

Which one will be a final domain? techies.hyderabadtechies.net or hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial? As you allowed to have one domain and one dev site (staging site) domain supported.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chandra
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As mentioned in my previous post godaddy cannot help on updating new joomla version on my site. I tried installing joomla latest version manually and it didnt work for me. So I have no option than buying new hosting and domain. So only one domain which I will be using is "hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial". Could you please update my support site to "hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial".

I installed joomla and jomsocial on hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial.
Issue:
1. I am unable to open jomsocial component on joomla administrator. (Credentials in my previous post)
2. Site was very slow.

PHP Warning: require_once(G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial/components/com_community/models/community.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\components\com_community\libraries\core.php on line 672
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial/components/com_community/models/community.php' (include_path='.;.\includes;.\pear') in G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\components\com_community\libraries\core.php on line 672

Please use admin url as instead of below

hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial/administrator

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Chandra.

I updated your supported domain to: hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial
Unfortunately I can't login to your site backend and credentials seems to not work.
Please, edit your first post here and provide correct credentials.

Error Indicated that you installed JomSocial 4.2.2 od Joomla 3.6.
Please, download latest version of JomSocia here: www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses and reinstall it installing on top of existing one.

Slow site respond seems to be related with server as when I tried to access your site backend I get timeout.
Please, check if your site meet JomSocial system requirements: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/System_Requirements

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chandra
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks for updated jomsocial version. I update version and it showed me jomsocial in joomla adminstrator. All link are not working they throw few errors. For example configuration link throws the below error

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Serialization of 'SimpleXMLElement' is not allowed' in G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\libraries\vendor\joomla\registry\src\Registry.php:77
Stack trace:
#0 G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\libraries\vendor\joomla\registry\src\Registry.php(77): serialize(Object(stdClass))
#1 G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\libraries\joomla\session\session.php(380): Joomla\Registry\Registry->__clone()
#2 G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\libraries\joomla\session\handler\native.php(187): JSession->getData()
#3 [internal function]: JSessionHandlerNative->save()
#4 {main}
thrown in G:\PleskVhosts\techies.hyderabadtechies.info\hyderabadtechies.info\techiessocial\libraries\vendor\joomla\registry\src\Registry.php on line 77

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Chandra.

It seems that your site is gone from previous location: i.prntscr.com/8dae75acff634ad3aae381653ec76044.png
How to replicate your issue?

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I didnt understand your reply my site is still there. I have updated my site to pro version today.

1. How can I remove powered by back link in site
2. How can I remove powered by back link in site in email
3. Do we have any configuration where we can update
4. My admin pages in admin(hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial/administrator) like configuration are throwing errors even after installing pro version.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Chandra.

In my previous reply I added a printscreen. When I visited your site Joomla! installation processor showed up.
Now it's fine.

There are no "Powered by" links on your site. After you installed JS Pro on top of previous version all of them should be gone.... and as I visited your site they are gone.

Please provide us working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site backend.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Updates site details.

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

hi, Chandra.

I confirm that Configuration section of JomSocial, doesn't work...
Browser displays that hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial/admi...Section=integrations . is missing.

I assign developer for further investigation.

7 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Chandra,

Please check again, the configuration page is working now.. this issue will be fixed in version 4.2.4

thank you!

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I see configuration page working but site is very very slow. Can you look in to the issue please and suggest.

hyderabadtechies.info/techiessocial

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński