Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

I have a Cronjob in server for another extension

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:

I have many problems with jomsocial. I can not make it work well.
I started everything from the beginning carefully. I had not paid much attention to Cronjob and should be important.

I have a CronJob in cpanel for anoter extension, in this case for Moodle that is in a folder into public_html.
I want to know if I can create another Cron Job and what would be the Command for to configurate it, or how can I get it.
The tutorial you have in video shows a cronless.com creation and after to configure in cpanel.
Well, I don't hace results in cronless.com because I can't register in the site.

In general the documentation for jomsocial 4.2 is not enough.

Please I hope your help.
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Nilzaris,

Well, you can set the cron jobs with two methods, by using 3rd party cron services or using cPanel
1. cPAnel, already mentioned here documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Setting_Up_Cron_Job , you only need to setup the time and put the cron command like this :

lynx -source "http://www.domain.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron" > /dev/null
if it doesnt work you can use this one :
wget -O /dev/null "http://www.domain.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron" > /dev/null

2. user cronless.com, it more easier than cpanel, the video tutorial can be seen from here www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRddvh-R6xY

If you still have some troubles with it, just provide me cPanel access, I will set it for you :)

Thank you!
Dimas

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks you! I can't enter information in cronless.com although I'm logged and I still have doubts in cpanel. Please how can I send you my pass?

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Nilzaris,

You can put the cPanel access into private section on your first post (edit your first post)

another solution, this is the easy one, you also can use www.easycron.com , after you login you can create new cron and put the parameter like my screenshoot

thank you!

Attachments:
7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks, in easycron.com the free plan is without email notification, and if I pay is better a Minimum Interval in 1 min and no in 10 minutes, I think.
Would be better yo pay some money and to get the plan with email notification after execution like your example?
Or if I do it through cpanel I can do the same?
Excuse me if I ask too many. I do not want to be wrong.

7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

With cPanel you cant get the email notif, but you can execute in 1 minute, if you wanna use cPanel I can help you to set it.. that is depend to you :)

7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I send you the pass of my cpanel in the first post. I hope you can help me.

7 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Nilzaris,

Its done :)

thank you!

Attachments:
7 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks you very much! I hope this solves several problems!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński