Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Remove Password in Email

8 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • André
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi there

I can't find my post anymore: www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...mail-password/141440 - the acces is denied!!!

My problem was, i dont like to show the password in the email when an user is register for my community. in this post, u helped my to fix this... but now, i've updatet JS to the latest version and also the problem is here like before.

thanks for your quick help,
andre

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi André,

You can hide it, please open the language file language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.ini, find this code :

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account details are as follows:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&amp;-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_ACCOUNT_DETAILS="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account details are as follows:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s\n\nOnce you have completed the rest of registration process, you will receive another confirmation email."
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_ACCOUNT_DETAILS_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account details are as follows:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s\n\nOnce you have completed the rest of registration process, you will receive another email with an activation link."
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_COMPLETED="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s.\n\nYou may now log in to %s using your username and password."

and delete this string
Password: %s

cheers

remove the bold text

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account details are as follows:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=_QQQ_%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_ACCOUNT_DETAILS="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account details are as follows:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s\n\nOnce you have completed the rest of registration process, you will receive another confirmation email."
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_ACCOUNT_DETAILS_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account details are as follows:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s\n\nOnce you have completed the rest of registration process, you will receive another email with an activation link."

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: André
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński