Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Discussions Module

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I noticed a discussions module installed with Jomsocial and I am wondering how I can activate this?

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
RESULT
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please goto joomla modules manager, find and open that module. Setting it what like what you need, and dont forget to click "Menu Assignment". you can assign that module to all pages that having that module position (selected position under settings)

Regards

8 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I am very sorry I must be missing something because I do not see or can not get the Discussions module anywhere. Will it appear in the standard Jom Social menu bar?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

you can assign any modules to jomscoial toolbar. the menu only can assigning to main menu item.
if you want to assign that module to jomsocial pages only, you can assign that module to all pages, and put it at jomsocial built in positions:
documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Built-in_Module_Positions

FYI:
I saw that module under profile page

Regards

Attachments:
8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Mary,

how is it going with this issue. I got this topic at my pendding list. but I cant see any reply on this.

Regards

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

suddenly this topic back to my pending list. but I cannot see any reply. not sure what wrong.
you can send email to me at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

maybe you got issue for replying this topic.

Regards

8 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi, I have submitted the question but here goes again and if this doesn't work I will open a new ticket. I do not know how to add a discussion module into the JomSocial account. I get what you are saying above, but it does not let me add/edit anything into a discussion. It only shows what people have written, which is nothing because there is no way to input anything into a discussion (that I can figure out that is). Please help.

Thanks, Mary

8 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi,

1. could you please elaborate more, at what place do you want put that discussion module? I will do it for you
2. discussions is a part of groups. please goto gtoups > create new group. after that you can create new discussion at that created group.

Regards

8 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Mary
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have found another solution

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński