Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Unable to post status or anything else to wall or profiles

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY: We have a small group site we privately use. After upgrade to latest PRO version 4.1 n one can post anywhere in Jomsocial. Pictures can be uploaded however every time we attempt to make a post anywhere it just disappears.

Joomla 3.4.4

BROWSER:Chrome

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Doug,

Can you check the user points configuration, and make sure upload photo rule is enabled?

I can't access your backend/admin section, its blank page.. please check it.

thank you

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok. First off the Domain is www.cctgateway.com

Your system will not let me change the primary support domain and I have asked in the forum how to do it before. You only have a forum and no contact or ticket system. Odd for an expensive component.

Secondly, It is NOT a problem with uploading photos as I stated above. Photos uploaded to Albums do show up.

Users cannot post anything to the wall or profiles. No "status" text, anything. Anything posted by a user just disappears. In the "say whats on your mind" section. Also, cannot post to other users profiles walls.

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I need to inspect this via admin section, but its not working and showing blank page when I access www.cctgateway.com/admininistrator , can you check it, please?

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I just accessed it. It's not blank for me.

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I got it, most of user points configrations are not be activated, you should enabled them, because if you disabled it will be effected to the stream

Attachments:
8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This confuses me. I don't want to use user points. I don't have any use for users being awarded points for their activity.

So you're saying by disabling the points system I in effect disabled the wall and posting??

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

dont disable it, just set the points to 0 (zero)

8 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok. Well that seemed to fix it. I have no idea user pointment would disable functionality aside from the points system itself.

8 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

that works as designed, we integrate user points and stream item configuration together :)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński