Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Registration Process Question

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Originally posted (wrongly) in the community area:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/technical-issues...ion-process-question

Hi,

My requirement for a registration process on our site is as follows:
1.) Joomsocial registration form/process is the one used only. We can not use the standard joomla registration process, as the Joomsocial Profile questions would be missing.
2.) The account should be inactive. First the user is supposed to confirm the email address.
3.) After that the account STILL should be inactive until a notified admin would activate the account.

Basically we want to be as restrictive as possible in the registration process.
How do I achieve that?
As soon a user confirms the email adress the account is active.
If I change the joomla setting to ADMIN the client does not get an email confirmation email.

Would it be possible, that the client has to enter some sort of code (that he e.g. receives manually by email) to enter in the registration form to continue with the registration?

Any idea how I can achieve a restrictive registration process?
Thank you in advance,
Matt

8 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthias,

1. for this you can activate jomsocial redirect plugin. and set override com_users registration
2 & 3. basically jomsocial only follow joomla way. because we running under joomla. you can see the options at joomla backend > Users > User manager, click options button on right top. only that jomsocial can do it.

if you want make more "advanced" you must build new extension for that. if you need developer, maybe this link can help:
www.jomsocial.com/jomsocial-developers

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthias
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński