Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Private Messages not working after upgrading to 3.2.1.6

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I just upgraded from 3.2.1.4 to 3.2.1.6 and now new private messages mostly cannot be sent. I can create a new message, select the recipient and type the subject and message... but when I click SEND MESSAGE, it often results in a blank screen; however, no message is sent at all.

I was just able to send 1 very brief message, but other messages have usually failed.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

HI, Jeff.

I'm sorry but I can't confirm your issue. I registered user on your site and sent to him a PM + Friend request. Also sent a PM to you from inbox. All went fine and no errors or blank page was displayed:

prntscr.com/66leve
prntscr.com/66lexq
prntscr.com/66lfbk

So maybe this issue is limited to certain account?
And it apply to "Send message" button or to inbox?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok, I just figured out that the messages do NOT send IF they have a URL in the message content. Otherwise, if they do not have a URL, then they are sending fine.

- jeff

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The same thing goes for wall posts, too. I can't get the wall post to work if it contains a URL. Just won't post.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jeff.

I confirm:

1. When user tries to send PM by clicking "Send message" in profile and message contains URL (e.g www.jomsocial.com ) message is not send. No error in console.

2. Also URLs are not parsed in stream posts.

Before I pass this case to developer, could you restore original JomSocial files here: prntscr.com/66m82l

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michal Dluzak wrote: Hi, Jeff.
I confirm:
1. When user tries to send PM by clicking "Send message" in profile and message contains URL (e.g www.jomsocial.com ) message is not send. No error in console.
2. Also URLs are not parsed in stream posts.
Before I pass this case to developer, could you restore original JomSocial files here: prntscr.com/66m82l

That's weird, because I never changed those files, except for the first one, per the group notification post: https://www.jomsocial.com/forum/groups/23092-wall-group-notification

- jeff

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I don't mind if you revert all these back to default. As I said, I only changed the com_community/controllers/system.php file earlier today. And I can easily redo this one (1) particular change later, so that group wall post notifications can be sent via email.

I have no recollection of ever touching those other files manually at all. Are those other files somehow changed by third party add-ons without my knowledge? I use Techjoomla's JMail Alerts, but that's it. There's no other reason I would have changed any manually.

So it's fine if you change all those files back to default.

- jeff

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jeff.

I'll replace them then. No, I don't think that any 3rd party extension changed those files. It may be that they weren't replaced during upgrade... I'm not sure.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jeff.

Ok, I restored _source folder (I renamed old one).
Also disabled cache...
In vain...

I assign developer to this thread.

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jeff
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It's interesting. I just tried posting a URL beginning with "www." and a wall and it worked. But if I use "http://" as a prefix, it doesn't work in MESSAGES or WALL POSTS.

9 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jeff,

Can you enable display error reporting on your php.ini configuration please? hard for us inspect this issue if you hide the error output.

For information how to set it I suggest you contact your hosting provider.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński