Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Jomsocial in different languages & apps

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired Socialize Expired

Hello guys,
My website is running better & better thanks to yoy & Jomsocial plugin :)
I would like to launch an English version and i would like to get your advice:
- is it better to copy the website or is there any better way to do it?

An extra question: my members are asking for an Iphone or Android apps & i dont want to do Ijoomer because you have to do a lot of coding. Do you forecast to launch one soon?

Thanks !

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

No, you don't have to copy your site just to make it multilanguage. Just follow Joomla! guidelines to enable multilanguage mode:
www.templatemonster.com/help/joomla-3-x-...tilanguage-site.html

Forcing JomSocial into multilanguage mode could be a bit tricky - because of menu item ID inheritance. So if you create separated frontpage menu items for each language you will experience issues because JomSocial uses highest menu item ID for all JomSocial related pages. Switching language will try to load page that is restricted to another language.

Many users had issues with that feature...

So I think that we need to create a tutorial that will help users like you to configure it painless :)

Please, give me a bit time - to next Monday I'll try to create complete tutorial for this.
I mark your thread as "Pending support" so it will stay on my TOD list.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Thanks! About Iphone apps; is it in the roadmap of anyone please?

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

Please, ask in our Community ;) I just don't know.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Anais
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Michal,
I am part E of your documentation -> Setting up the module. When i choose Switcher language module position, it is not displayed ( i work with socialize template). Can u please help me?
Thanks

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

Build language menus - as for now there is nothing to display in module.

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

hello Michal,
I follow your guide, i am part G --> Trying to set up navigation menu & module for each language.
I tried to do it with Main Menu EN setting up the module on position mainmenu and nothing appears. the same with module "Vous aimez Lez go" that i set up to French language and it doesnt appear :(
Right now, i just disabled Plugin Filter languange & Switcher module to avoid any confusion for my members.
Can you give me a hand on it please?
Thanks

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

Please specify, which module to which menu item (on what pages) on which language.

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Michal
I set up English menu and i created a module on the position Mainmenu nav " Main Menu En" and when i log in and switch to English version, i still get french navigation bar--> Do you see my point?
Thanks

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

Ok, I see... it's because menu is defined in Socialize template. So you should also create a copy of Socialize (have two copies). One should be assigned to English another to French. Then in each template you need to assign language menu. In case of Socialize menu is assigned straight from com_menu bypassing modules.

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hello Michal
Thanks for the tip, i get almost there..still dealing with footer menu.
I set up an english footer menu but my neutral one is still appearing, any clue?
Thanks for your time!

Attachments:
8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Anais.

Seems that you've managed this as I see French footer in French language and English when choose English.
prntscr.com/6tybod

8 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hello,
Still working on my translation :)
During login, my member need to fill in some custom fields --> How can i do to get this fields in english if they are logged in English or French if they logged in as french?
Thanks for your help,
Anais

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński