Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Getting redirected to old site site when saving a custom profile fielfield

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This is on our test site at staging1.tigra.mygotgame.com/administrator

Any time we save a field or group it redirects us to the original sites login page
at tigra.mygotgame.com/administrator/index....munity&view=profiles

The screencap in the link below shows the page were working on
gyazo.com/7b63744898df342ebafcd632aad5023c

We can save any other settings in Jomsocial except this one.
Its like we do not have permission or this is still hooked to the original site.

We created this site by making a staging copy in our hosts cpanel on Siteground.
So I do not understand why only this one function in Jomsocial redirects us?

I even changed the database prefix in case it was getting confused with that but it still redirects us.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Dan,

1. please check joomla configuration.php and make sure live site value is empty

public $live_site = '';

2. please check your .htaccess file. make sure there is no any url rewrite
3. try to disable all readirect plugins or sh404sef if any

Regards

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I checked and I removed the live site information so it is now public $live_site = '';
I checked the .htaccess and there are no redirects
We do not use any redirect plugins or any sh404 programs

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Dan,

could please changing the staging domain from:
staging1.tigra.mygotgame.com
to
staging1.mygotgame.com

something wrong with joomla redirect if using staging1.tigra

Let me know,

Regards

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

do you mean in my host at siteground change the name or in the config for site name ?
I think siteground creates the name automatically I do not think I can change it.

something wrong with joomla redirect if using staging1.tigra

your saying there is a joomla redirect doing this , where is that ?

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Siteground found a fix but it is only temporary.

This is their fix:

I have found a work around for this issue. The request that is made after Saving the new group is defined in the file:
Code:
/home/mygotgam/staging/1/administrator/components/com_community/controllers/profiles.php

on line 320:
Code:
$response->addScriptCall('window.location.href = "' . JURI::base() . 'index.php?option=com_community&view=profiles";');

In order to solve the issue, I had to change to code to hardcode the URL. I have changed it to:
Code:
$response->addScriptCall('window.location.href = "' . ' staging1.tigra.mygotgame.com/administrat...munity&view=profiles ";');

This would be the most suitable solution since changing the live_site variable in the configuration.php file would affect the whole performance of the staging site.

The only negative point in this change is that you will need to change the code of the file once you push the staging to live and you will need to delete the line with my changed and remove the comment from the original code.

So this is my question to you based on making this fix from siteground more permanent and I dont have to edit that file every time.

1. Is there a way to tell it in this file on this line to automatically call the absolute path staging1.tigra.mygotgame.com/administrat...munity&view=profiles without typing the actual path in. In other words so it will go to the absolute site path no matter what it is?

Thank you

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Dan,

JURI::base() is the joomla function. could you please try this solution:
edit joomla configuration.php and set

public $live_site = 'http://staging1.tigra.mygotgame.com';

let me know the result.

Regards

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I tried that it does not work it still redirects

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Dan,

please give me FTP access detail by editing your first post at this topic. put it under site info form.

I need it for debugging purpose.

Regards

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

you cant access a staging copy in siteground through ftp you can only go into the cpanel and then file manager.

if you have the files you are going to edit and where to edit I can upload them or edit them?

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

You do not have to do this I have decided even if you could fix this it would not be what I want.

You should alert this in your change log notes and to all your users.

If they are using Siteground and using staging the y will have to rewrite the lines 320 484 and 490 (verify this I am doing it from memory) in the profiles.php page and change the url from relative to the absolute of their staging site.
then before they push it to their live site in Siteground they have to reverse the process.

Thats too much for me and I do not trust that you jomsocial or Siteground are aware of all of the other negative side effects that are occurring by using a staging site.

I am also pretty certain that a staging site will effect other Joomla components who have files calling to a relative.
I do not know of any tool that will find these files with these calls and without a tool like that this is not worth the time or risk.

So in conclusion staging sites not just Sitegrounds are very precarious and dangerous to the proper functioning of your site.

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Dan,

every relative URL, jomsocial using joomla standard functions. called JRoute and JURI::base();
it might be joomla issue. you can report this to joomla support too.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński