Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

After installation help ?

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jason
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi all,

First of all nice to meet you, its my first time with joomla. I bought jomsocial and installed it without any problem but... i have a site without any page or widget ... i can go on my jomsocial extention in my admin but i am very confused right now i dont know how to build my mainpage and add widget i want.

I want a website like the demo. It should be really easy i am too much on wordpress i guess so a new software is confusing on the first hand. Can anyone help me with that ?

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jason.

Sure no problem. You say, you want to have site similar to our demo: demo.jomsocial.com/
You'll need to watch or read some tutorials for Joomla:

- how to assign modules
- how to create menus

and so on.

Also you should have access to FREE JomSocial tutorials. Above forum you should see a huge banner how to access it.

Our support forum is limited to JomSocial only but you may ask some things regarding Joomla! too.

But first you should watch some tutorials:

www.joomlatutorials.com/joomla-tutorials/joomla-3-0-tutorials
docs.joomla.org/Tutorials:Beginners
www.siteground.com/tutorials/joomla-video/introduction.htm

If you have specific question shoot... or check forum.joomla.org

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason
9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jason
  • Visitor
Licenses:

thanks a lot :D i will check it out

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jason
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Humm sorry to say that but i go on your link and i dont understand anything.

Joomla dont have any page builder ? i cannot find index or something , i can build a website in 2 minutes with wordpress but now i am fucking lost i dont understand how to use stuff this is not userfriendly maybe i am wrong but i click on everything and i dont figure out how it work i created a menu with photo and video ... and ... when i click photo i got blank page ... video too ..

in wordpress we have a tab named : PAGE and another named WIDGET and i dont figure what is it in joomla ...

Component ... module , extention ... i dont find any named PAGE .... arff i check video since 2-3 hours nothing is working

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jason.

:D in past I remember when I've got new cell phone after I used another for a while. I was lost too... I had to learn where are some settings, how to change things. And that's it - one have to LEARN things. Don't expect that every CMS looks and works alike ;)

Wordpress is a very very very easy CMS and as it is it lacks some features. Have only few tables in database.

Joomla is a much bigger CMS that allows you to do a lot of things.

I can't learn you how to use it - you need to do it yourself.

But basically a page in Joomla! can be anything :) Pages are created by components. Joomla! has built-in components like articles, contacts links and so on. Also you can add components. JomSocial is a component.

So it depends from you what page you want to have. You want to display articles as a page? Create menu item, select it type to article (you can set whole category of them or only featured articles), choose article and save.

Then you need to create a Menu Module, set menu to be displayed in that module and assign it to certain module position.

Saying that Joomla! is "not user friendly" is like to complain that real car is not user friendly after playing Collin Mcrae PC game :D

You just need to learn, gain new skills. I can assure you that you'll be happy with Joomla! and freedom/features it gives to users :)

So, relax, read tutorials, play with Joomla! Believe me a lot of users on this forum started to work with Joomla! without any clue... not even to mention that they saw Wordpress frontend only ;) so you have skills just open your mind and don't expect that Joomla! is Wordpress.

As I said before - I can't learn you how to use Joomla! not here. But you may ask dozens of "stupid" questions on forum.joomla.org and Joomla! community will help you. Just ride on! ;) and use Google and YouTube ;)

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jason
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Thanks a lot for your reply i was checking more in detail menu and all the stuff and i changed the default page and some module order. thanks a cool

one other question ... i can see my full jomsocial here : fansgrinder.com/index.php/jomsocial

but when i go in the jomsocial menu i cannot see the home ... the icone of house right before profile .... i want this my default page of jomsocial any clue ? haha

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jason.

I'd like to check it... but credentials you provided, doesn't work.

Please provide us with working administrator credentials.
I can't login to your site.
Please, edit your first post and add credentials to corresponding fields.

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jason
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Done :P thanks for the help do you have skype ? i can go on skype right now

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jason
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Okay thats right it is now working i will let you know if i have anymore problems

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński