Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How to avid applying the template to the email content. (Want plain text )

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Parth
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Guys,

Actually I am using the Email Beautifier component to beautify the out going mails from my site. (Email beautifier component - provide efficient way to beautify the outgoing component)
But in case of Jomsocial - for registration mail etc - you guys already apply the template. And when email is sent from Email Beautifier component, multiple templates are applied to the content.
1st template - Jomsocial template
2nd template - Email Beautifier template.

Is there any setting, to avoid applying the template from Jomsocial. (I want only plain text)

I have attached screen-shot for better understanding.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff
9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Parth.

1. You may try to send emails as text: Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Site -> Emials.

2. Or just override main file for html templates: ROOT/components/com_community/templates/default/email.html.php

Copy it to:

ROOT/templates/your-template/html/com_community (if you don't have "html" or "com_community" folders, feel free to create them)

And remove all styling.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeff
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński