Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Several problems on site

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Travis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The links in the top JomSocial menu do not work properly. For example, clicking on your name takes you to the home page instead of your profile.

The mouseover on the main menu does not work except for on a few pages.

The chat system is not working properly.

I cannot change the avatar or cover photos on any profiles.

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Greg,

#1 & #2 Did you hack the socialize template code? I see something wrong with the code.. please you check again your code.

#3 I am sorry, i think this is caused by the 3rd party component, because we dont have chat system by default

#4 did you edit the htaccess before? because the upload photo processing redirect to error "303 see others" which it means htaccess issue.

note : in you Main Menu items you are using menu alias for jomsocial, I suggest you dont use it and use community menu instead.. if you are using menu alias you will get random error then.

thank you

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Travis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have reloaded the socialize extension. Now pictures are loading up correctly.

I have deleted all menus and rebuilt them.

1) If you click on your name in the upper right hand corner, it does not take you to your profile page. It takes you to your feed page.

2) If you mouseover the menus, they do not drop down at all.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Greg.

1. Module code is fine. Your issue may be caused by your change in menu. You renamed JomSocial toolbar menu type from "jomsocial" to something else.

JomSocial in order to work properly needs JomSocial toolbar menu as it is used for internal navigation.

Please, restore it and try if issue persist.

2. I fixed it on pages not related with JomScoial - pages ware cached so dropdown menu just flashed for few second and doesn't allow to select anything. Now it doesn't work on JomSocial related pages. For sure it has something to do with JQuery.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Travis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I was told to get rid of the JomSocial menu. I didn't rename it. I recreated all the links under the main menu on the site. The menu works correctly in all areas except for when on a page that is part of JomSocial. This tells me it is an issue with JomSocial.

The 'profile' link, when you click on your name, takes you to [ /index.php/profile ] This is a very strange profile page that is not populated at all. This link has changed. It used to go to the news feed page. Then it worked correctly by going to the profile page that shows your avatar and your posts. Now, it goes to a very sparse page that does not look well at all.

This is becoming very aggravating as I have followed all the instructions I have received, yet no solution. My bosses are extremely upset about my lack of resolution on these issues. I have fought them for 2 weeks now. I have gone through every configuration item I can. I've debugged things as well. And other users are complaining of the same menu issue I have.

I need this resolved today!

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Travis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

This is still not fixed. This issue resides in the JomSocial areas. If outside of the JomSocial pages, the menu works appropriately. If on any community page, the menus do not drop down at all. And we require this feature due to the modules we have designed and how we want the site to operate. See the attachments below for reference.

Screenshots:
1: Menu does not work on 'home' feed page.
2: Menu works in jevents area.
3: Menu does not work on member list page.
4: Menu works in our module areas.

When clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner and also on the 'gear' icon, this has been randomly changing on the site.

Here are the things that I have done on the site to try and correct these issue:

1: Using another default install, I installed all jomsocial extensions. I copied these files to the live site. There were files on the live site that were not the most current version due to GIT overwriting updated files with files saved in the GIT system. This refreshed all files, not only within JomSocial but also all the core files for Joomla.
2: Rebuild the entire menu system 8 times now. Removed all entries except 'home' and started from scratch. I used 'menu alias' links and 'community' links. I reordered the menu. I split the menu to a simple 1-level hierarchy. It all works fine until you are on a JomSocial/community page.
3: Hard coded open links into code. This did not work well.
4: I have rolled back to a backup of the site when things had been working properly. It does not work during that backup.
5: I have disabled all portions of JomSocial. The site works fine without JomSocial being enabled.
6: I have ran debug in several browsers to work on this. There are a few bugs that come up within JomSocial that are not even relevant to this issue.

This leads me to believe there is either a bug in the JomSocial system that is causing these issues or there is corrupt data in the tables/config for JomSocial or the menu system.

I do not want to start this entire website over by reinstalling the entire joomla code and rebuilding all portions of the site. I took this website over after it was already designed. These problems surfaced after JomSocial was updated on the site.

I am very concerned at the lack of attention this issue is getting. I have escalated this ticket to 'supervisor' status several times. These issues need to be resolved immediately. Instead of telling me what should be done on the site, please make the changes yourself so you can see the results that the instructions I am receiving are not working! The owners are extremely upset about my lack of resolution to this issue and my hands are currently tied due to the lack of response from JomSocial support.

Also, in a previous ticket for the previous developer, support said to use the community links. In my tickets, I am being told to use menu alias links. This is very confusing.

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Greg.

NO, It's not like your issues lack of attention... it's my fault as my shift started at different hour today... so I took care of your case very late. I apologize for that.

I create new menu on your site: Jomsocial toolbar with type: jomsocial.
I created few menu items under Profile... so this is beginning of regular JomSocial toolbar menu... that shouldn't be removed... as I mentioned in my previous post.

Now dropdowns are available on Home page: prntscr.com/5ioy52
Also on members list: prntscr.com/5ioyum

And user name right to avatar in toolbar links to profile page:
prntscr.com/5ip045 - check lower left corner of the screen, you'll see valid profile URL.

trackithub.com/index.php/activity-feed/profile

I tested it with Chrome 37.0.2062.120 Ubuntu 14.04 (281580) and it works for me. Does it work for you too?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Travis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

When did you create these menu items? What other changes did you make?

One of the owners went through the entire configuration and made changes as well in obscure areas that were never mentioned here, including menu wrench. His changes resulted in the site working.

The support user should be disabled currently as I was told to disable it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński