Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

"View=login" Redirect STILL causing issues with links after HW workaround

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hello JS World, :) We kept having this redirect issue with Joomla, and to fix the issue, we made changes to the template override folder file defaultlogin.php files.. This hard coding "work around" was ok, until we recently purchased Jomsocial and found the issue rose again. So we undid the hard coding, followed the Jomsocial "Hello World" workaround suggested, changed the redirects within the JS redirect plugin and so far everything seems to be working fine.... EXCEPT a couple very important items:

#1. If you go to our site as a guest and select the "News" tab at the top, you will see that the "register to read more" links on our front-end don't work for guests, but they work fine once the user is registered and logged in. The links should redirect to the "join us/" registration page, which was working until we implemented JS "Hello World" workaround. This is likely related to the issue below...or perhaps some residual effects from modifying the template override somewhere still in the system? Solving the next issue, #2, may solve this issue,#1.

#2. At this stage, this is a far more important issue. Hopefully a simple fix :) When any Joomla links are posted in Jomsocial, the header and images are missing..it shows the global config settings, "Site name" and
"Site Meta Description" variables in the post. So all posting in Jomsocial have the same header/text and links to view=login...therefore no content/posts are able to be accessed :( When we run the URL's through W3C markup validation site, we see the links are redirecting to com_user view=login redirect. below is the W3C error we receive (error may/may not be helpful to your support team). It appears this redirect issue may also cause problems with links not showing well in search engines, if at all, etc. With that said, we hope you can help us resolve these items in a timely and painless manner :) Thank you for your time and attention to our message.

Todd

Error Line 4, Column 45: Attribute xmlns:fb not allowed here.
class='com_users view-login j33 mm-hover'>

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Todd,

#1. something wrong with your customization, that "View=login" must have login form on that page.
#2. please provide me valid site info (joomla administrator and FTP access detail). by editing your firs post at this topic. put it under site info form.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Albert, I've included the access info per your request, please let me know if you have any difficulties with accessing. Thanks, Todd

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Todd,

seem your FTP username/password is not valid. I cant access with that.
could you please make sure about it?

Regards,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Todd
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Albert, Double checked on PC and mobile device with two diff FTP tools...works fine...note there is an "S" in the passcode. Please let us know if you have any difficulties. Regards, Todd

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI Todd,

could you please re-send it to my email? at by using FTP detail from this topic site info, still cannot access with it.
you site: parexcel its fine for me only this site

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Todd
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Albert, happy to send you the info. Can you please provide your email or advise where I can obtain it? Please also conform that you are having difficulty with the FTP login, not site login credentials, correct. Thanks Todd

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Todd,

send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
I need:
- site URL (just want make sure)
- administrator access detail
- FTP

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Todd,

1)
your issue or customization not related with jomsocial, that "News" page not jomsocial page, and I saw the code at your template. you override com_users template with empty page. non jomsocial page will always redirect to com_users login page. if not access able for public.
this link "Register to read more.." from beginning already pointing to ?view=login (com_users) default joomla login page. the issue with that page it self. not jomsocial

2)
this issue because the page not access able for guest users, so you cant share it

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński