Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

.htaccess not directly properly

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As mentioned in my last ticket, pretty much anything need to be access via ftp is available via backend, we tried to replace the file and did not work fully. It did work however; it still does not redirect in many places of the Jom Social extension.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gerard.

Could you elaborate and describe your issue a bit more?
I'm not sure why you presume that it's related with .htaccess?
Where I can see that issue? What is expected result?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Too access the .htaccess file you can go to our components section and extplorer, which enables web based ftp under our ssl; well I do not assume that it is Jom Social, we have not had the chance to review the updated code to make custom changes, except for the language.ini file. I do see the possibilities that it could be our apache server or Jom Social. The site is not too active right now so you can adjust the configuration settings.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Say I clicked on your profile, I do go to your profile, I click on a photo, I am brought back to the same profile where I clicked on the picture, for each profile.

Also, someone reported that the photos were not being placed into the avatar or covor... I check permissions, all is normal.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gerard.

I visited this profile:
upncomershiphop.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=profile&userid=954&Itemid=816&lang=en

Then clicked "Photos" right under profile cover and I was redirected properly here:
upncomershiphop.com/index.php?option=com...4&Itemid=816&lang=en

Or you mean photos in module or activity stream?

I just uploaded avatar to account you provided us access: prntscr.com/5aypag
So this feature works fine.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It is happening from the stream, .htaccess is turned off. The issue still does exist.

That does work properly, I believe the photo and cover issue may have been s human error.... It was a member we asked to join.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

.htaccess was enabled. the issue is with mainly all links.. It happens with photos and videos from under the cover photo and form the stream. As well as from the home page when you click on the photos within the community photo module.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I click on groups with .htaccess enable and I am brought to the signed users profile...

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Mainly it does not work with Jom Social at this moment,

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, gerard.

It's because you have MENU MISCONFIGURATION.

1. Don't duplicated JomSocial menu items that link direct to certain jomSocial page. Use menu alias instead. E.g if you want to have in your main menu link to Events page in JomSocial - create menu item with type menu alias and point to Events in JomSocial toolbar menu.

2. You don't have home/frontpage menu item for JomSocial. You need to create ONE outside JomSocial toolbar menu. You could create hidden menu (menu that is not displayed on your site) an place it there.

In Joomla! all is about MENU ITEM ID and JomSocial uses JomSocial toolbar menu for internal navigation. Menu items there DON'T have OWN menu item but use the on from PARENT menu item -> JomSocial home/frontpage.

Also I noticed that your site is only in English so don't need multilanguage support in Joomla! so prefix en is obsolete in URLs...

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Here is a screen shot with .htaccess enable and trying to register.

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Now I am taken to a login screen which is joomla! I added a register home and did alias for the main menu items.

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Gerard.

Did you fixed menu misconfiguration that I pointed out in my previous post?

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ah, gotcha. I see... Gimme five minutes before you mark it solved so I can run trough and make sure it is working properly.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński