Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$count in category.php on line 224

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

When trying to access the all groups page I get the following errros.

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$count in .../htdocs/smis/components/com_community/helpers/category.php on line 224

Accessing individual group catagories is successful. This is a brand new installation and I only have a very small number of groups configured at this point.

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Looks like it is not finding the category parent. I have a number of group categories which do not have a parent category set. (Same as General). I tied setting a parent for all categories but the issue was still there.

There seems to be a problem with cyclic relationships between categories.

CAT A is parent of CAT B
CAT B is parent of CAT C
CAT C is parent of CAT A

The page will load until timeout. But this is a separte issue.

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Alex.

This is just php notice. There are three kinds of information displayed by php: warning, notice, error... and eventually critical error. Only errors influence your system. Notices and warnings could be ignored as they don't have any influence on your system performance.

Browse to Backend -> System -> Global configuration -> Server -> Error reporting -> Default or None.

Please, open NEW thread for your another issue.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Alex
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Disabling error reporting addresses the issue. Will the underlaying cause of this problem be resovled in future releases. I am happy to turn of error reporting for now, but in the long term I would prefer to see any problems.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński