Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

installation and goole connection

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • ian
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

after i use the joomla default installer, there comes up with a big green button called complete the installation, once i click it, it goes to the page with database check and stuff, it always stops at creating menu items, i always have to do it twice by going back to the joomla backend and retry the installation, then it always works. all the checks were green, except for the last one sql configs which is connect_timeout, i cant find this on my linux mint server, i dont know where to change this, i changed the mysql.connect_timeout in php.ini and max_connection in the etc/mysql/my.cnf but i dont they dont work, i dont think these are the right settings coz the value i have dont match the current value in the check page. pls tell me which one exactly does it refer to.

it doesnt happen always, but most of the time, and on my mac server it also worked for the 1st time, then when i make new installation it gets stuck at the 1st page, with the next button grey (unclickable).

and please tell me from back end how to complete disable google fonts and other loaded api from google, because it cannot get accessed from china, google is blocked there thus anything loads stuff from google will cause the page to stop loading.

many thanks in advance, i will very much appreciate any assistance

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Ian,

#1 I am not sure what happens, I just look your backend and your Jomsocial is completely installed.. but if you happened it again just let me know..

#2 As I know we are not working google fonts, we are using font-awesome library, I think its coming from another extenstions, for google we only use maps API and it can't be changed to another API... this is china goverment issue, we cant help you too much :p

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński