Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Adding new translation files messed up working translation

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my site as a multi-language site, and everything was working fine untill I tried to update/install the transifex language package for one of the languages.
My site is in Norwegian, Swedish and English.
Originally I only had Norwegian, and everything was working as expected. The problem occured when I updated with the Swedish Transifex package. Now it's only the Swedish language that works, and the Norwegian and English shows up "untranslated" with "language-ini-codes" instead of English or Norwegian.

Update:
I figured out that the issue is somehow related to a "Language domain" plugin I have installed.
www.yireo.com/software/joomla-extensions/language-domains
Are there any ways for getting this to work with JomSocial? I need to set up my site with different domains, linked to the corresponding laguage.. ie. domainname.co.uk show English version, and domainname.se shows the swedish language..

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Stian,

I can inspected your site, because I blocked by your site:
This request is blocked by Admin Tools. Please change this message in the component's options.

here my ip:

if you really sure the problem with Language domain plugin it self. you must asking the plugin provider for that issue. basically jomsocial using joomla language translation standard. using JText.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,

I'll give access to your IP.

I contacted the developer and got the followin respons:
"What our extension does, is simply set the language for Joomla based upon the domain, and not based upon a language flag. Other extensions should load the language by asking Joomla for that language, instead of hacking their own way by reading the URL parameters. It could be that this is the case."

JomSocial is the only component that is messing up when I activate the System - Language Domains plugin..

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Stian,

3rd party issue. please give me time for this. let see if developer can do something.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Stian,

could you please unblock my IP again:

I need to try something at your site.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Stian,

jomsocial only using JText for multi language, we dont have any special code for language. JText is a joomla standard.
docs.joomla.org/JText/_%28%29

so, jomsocial noting can do with this issue regarding this plugin.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński