Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Administrators are not allowed to associate their accounts with Facebook

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ric
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired

We finally have Jomsocial up and working and I am trying to get the Facebook Connect to work. I have created the Facebook app and plugged in the API and other information. I have checked your website for similar problems but although there are users who had something similar nothing that I can see is exactly like this one.

If any user tries to create an account on our website with the Facebook Connect it gets them all the way through the registration process and then throws up the error message "We're sorry but administrators are not allowed to associate their accounts with Facebook." However, it's not an administrator that is trying to login. When I looked on the backend of the website, I see that the user was in fact created. However, the user is not able to login on the front side of our website. Doing a little testing, I discovered that the password for the user defaults to "password" but there is no indication that this is their password so they think they are unable to login. Plus, with the error message they believe there account was not even created.

Any idea what may be creating this. See attached screenshot.

Attachments:
9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ric,

I am sure your email from FB is be used for admin account right? so thats why the message is comming, because admin cant be associate with Facebook connect by default.

thank you

9 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I know that I can't do it, I had another user login who is not an admin and got the same message. Feel free to try to create an account on our site so you can see.

9 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Ric,

I just test it, but I get "The system was unable to detect your Facebook Login. Please try again.", please you check your FB App setting or make sure the Jomsocial system requirments is fit with jomsocial need.

thank you

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I have checked my setting and rechecked again. I have followed the suggests on www.jomsocial.com/forum/facebook-connect...ect-errors-and-fixes . I still get the message that administrators are not allowed to log in. The user logging in is NOT an administrator. The login account IS created on the backend however and the user IS allow to log into the website as long as they know to use 'password' as the password to login. But how would they know that, the message says "administrators are not allowed to log in". Sometimes it says "The system was unable to detect your Facebook Login. Please try again.". Sometimes it give me the screen to enter my name and to check a box to approve the Facebook login. This is not being consistence. I'm getting different results at differant time with NO changes on the backend. Just have to wait a little time and it works half-way is above.

9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ric,

Please check again, Error "We're sorry but administrators are not allowed to associate their accounts with Facebook." alraedy fixed..

this issue caused by ACL issue Registered group, which it had rule for Manager and Super user, but I already changed it, now Registered only has rule Registered

9 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

There does not seem to be any change in what it is doing. It still goes through the process of registering the user. It even creates the user on the backend, see image attached. Then pops up with the administrators can't associate logins message. User in question is circled in my attached image. Since the process to register does not ask for a password, I would assume it would use the Facebook password. But the password that gets associated with it is "password". I learned that simply by trial and error, I just tried it and it worked. However, a visitor to our website would probably never figure that out.

Attachment screen.jpg not found

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ehm weird, even I already modified the registered permissions.. check attachment..

please wait I am still inspecting this..

Attachments:
9 years 4 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ok, please you do this temp fix, open this file components/com_community/controllers/connect.php, find this code :

if (COwnerHelper::isCommunityAdmin($connectTable->userid)) {

replace to :
if (true==false)) {

this code is for avoid the admin permission.

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Sorry, it's been a while since I've had an opportunity to actually respond to your suggestion. I went to the file you asked me to, I could not find a line exactly as you specified but I found one that was very close. I made the modification but it did not fix the issue.

9 years 3 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Ric,

Please you check again, should work fine now. I already tested it.

thank you

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I'm sorry to be a nag on this, but it still isn't working for me. On the website, I'm clicking on Community menu option located in the upper left of the website just under the logo. I'm clicking on "Sign in with Facebook". I enter my Facebook login credentials and it logs me into my Facebook account, but the website itself says "The system was unable to detect your Facebook Login. Please try again." I then logged out of my Facebook account and tried all this again. It again log me into my Facebook account but I get the same error and it is not creating a login account on the website. (I wasn't actually using my Facebook account I was attempting this process with my wife's Facebook account). However, we are no longer getting the error about the admin as previously stated.

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ric
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Nevermind, I tried the process on a different computer and it works.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński